A few weeks ago, Cody and I took a little road trip to Raleigh to see Mötley Crüe live (which was ridiculously awesome). While in Raleigh, we also visited some of his family. The day after the show we all had lunch together at a little hole in the wall Mexican joint and I gobbled up some fish tacos (which were also ridiculously awesome).
We were all discussing Chirpy, when Cody’s lovely aunt Marne told us about one of her favorite recipes to make: chicken stuffed with roasted banana peppers, queso blanco, seasoned with lots of cumin and cooked to perfection.
Our mouths watered as she explained it to us and we knew right away that we HAD to make it ourselves. She also gave us permission to shoot the recipe for Chirpy – thanks Aunt Marne!
With only 5 simple ingredients, this recipe is right up the Chirpy alley of quick and delicious meals. The roasted banana peppers works perfectly with the melted queso blanco and the cumin just brings out all the flavors together in the most wonderful way.
We seared the chicken in a pan and it took about 4-5 minutes on each side, but you can also secure the chicken with a skewer and grill it, which is what Cody’s aunt recommended.
Regardless of the way you choose to cook it, it will taste amazing. Since you can’t taste pictures, you’re just going to have to take my word for it.
Spicy Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Banana PeppersPrint Rate
- 2 • chicken breasts
- 2 • large banana peppers
- 4 oz/100g • sliced queso blanco
- 2 • garlic cloves [minced]
- 2 tsp • cumin
- to taste • salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Put the banana peppers under the broiler for no more than 10 minutes. Keep turning until the skin turns black. Remove from broiler and cover. Set aside to cool.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and pound to about 0.5inch/1cm. Season with salt, pepper and cumin on both sides.
- Spread garlic on the inside of the breast.
- Once the banana peppers are cool enough to handle, remove the skin and slice.
- Arrange the peppers on one half of the breast and top with queso blanco.
- Fold the chicken over and secure with a toothpick.
- Sear on a medium hot pan for approximately 4 minutes on each side.