This is a quick and easy recipe for One Pot Healthy Chicken Dinner perfect for a Sunday family meal. Needs only 9 ingredients and 30 minutes to cook. Gluten-Free. Paleo. Whole30.
This recipe is an extremely simple one that came into existence one ordinary weekend when my mom decided to do some cooking – something that didn’t happen very often – which thinking back means it was actually a pretty extraordinary weekend.
Needless to say, we were so impressed with this dish she came up with, that it became a staple for rainy day dinners and lazy Sunday lunches.
I like to dish up the meal in a serving casserole. Put the chicken to one side and the veggies on the other side using a slotted spoon.
Of course, if you prefer – you can add double the water to turn it into more of a stew or soup.
How to Make this Healthy Chicken Dinner:
- Baby potatoes.
- Dried thyme
- Ground coriander
- Sear the chicken, skin side down, in a large pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the herbs and spices to the pot.
- Put a lid on the pot and boil for 30 minutes then serve.
What Is The Healthiest Way To Eat Chicken?
The healthiest way to eat chicken is to firstly make sure it comes from a good source (where the chickens are treated well). Secondly, cook your chicken with whole ingredients (no processed junk). It’s as simple as that.
One Pot Paleo Chicken Dinner How-To Video:
One Pot Paleo Chicken Dinner
- 1 lb chicken pieces (500g)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cups zucchini (350g)(cut into rounds)
- 2 cups baby potatoes (sliced in half)
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced into rounds)
- 2 cups white button mushrooms (250g) (sliced half)
- 2 cups hot water
Herbs and Spices:
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp salt (use 2 tsp if you're using fine table salt)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Heat up a large pot and sear the chicken, skin side down. It needs to get a GOOD sear, so don't be scared to let it sit for a while.
- Now, add all the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat so it doesn't boil too vigorously.
- Put a lid on the pot and let it boil for 30 minutes.
- When done, I like to separate the vegetables, chicken and sauce.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Looking For More Healthy Chicken Dinners:
- Instant Pot Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup
- Simple Instant Pot Chicken Stew [Paleo, Whole 30, Low-Carb, Keto]
- Paprika Chicken Skillet
- Ratatouille Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Zucchini Meatballs [Paleo, Whole 30, Low-Carb, Keto]
Did You Make This One Pot Healthy Chicken Dinner Recipe?
If you baked this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it helps us improve our recipes!