This is a super quick and easy recipe for One Pot Paleo Chicken Dinner perfect for a lazy Sunday family lunch or rainy day dinner.
It needs only 9 ingredients and 30 minutes of mostly hands-off cooking time. Dish it up in a serving casserole for minimal cleanup. Add double the water to turn into a stew or soup.
It’s Gluten-Free, Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
You will need:
- baby potatoes
- dried thyme
- ground coriander
- Sear the chicken, skin side down, in a large pot. (Photo 1)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and the water and bring to a boil. (Photo 2)
- Add the herbs and spices to the pot. (Photo 3)
- Put a lid on the pot and boil for 30 minutes then serve. (Photo 4)
The healthiest way to eat chicken is to firstly make sure it comes from a good source (where the chickens are treated well). Secondly, cook your chicken with whole ingredients (no processed junk).
One Pot Paleo Chicken Dinner How-To Video:
One Pot Paleo Chicken Dinner
- 1 lb chicken pieces (500g)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cups zucchini (350g)(cut into rounds)
- 2 cups baby potatoes (sliced in half)
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced into rounds)
- 2 cups white button mushrooms (250g) (sliced half)
- 2 cups hot water
Herbs and Spices:
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp salt (use 2 tsp if you're using fine table salt)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Heat up a large pot and sear the chicken, skin side down. It needs to get a GOOD sear, so don't be scared to let it sit for a while.
- Now, add all the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat so it doesn't boil too vigorously.
- Put a lid on the pot and let it boil for 30 minutes.
- When done, I like to separate the vegetables, chicken and sauce.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.