We’re always on the lookout for all times favorites to turn into a healthier version of itself. Today, we’re looking at the simple, but wildly popular Asian dish – Beef and Broccoli.
For our version of beef and broccoli, we used ground beef to keep it easier on the wallet, and we added cauliflower rice to bulk up the veggies!
This ground beef and broccoli recipe needs just a quick stir-fry and you’ve got dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes – even faster if you buy prepared vegetables!
A quick chop, (or no chopping if you bought prepared vegetables), and less than 30 minutes is all you need. You can have a deliciously healthy dinner on the table in a flash with the easy recipe, which is great for busy weeknights!
- Ground Beef
- Cauliflower Rice
- Soy Sauce (or coconut aminos for Paleo/Whole 30)
- Black Pepper
- Sesame Seeds
- Minced Garlic
- Grated Ginger
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl, set aside. (Photo 1)
- Add the onions and ground beef into a pan and sauté until the beef is browned and the onions are translucent. About 5- 10 minutes. (Photo 2)
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower, and the sauce. (Photo 3 & 4)
- Allow to cook until the broccoli is tender to your preference. (Photo 5)
- Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh coriander, red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve and enjoy! (Photo 6)
Is Beef and Broccoli Healthy?
If you’re wondering whether Chinese Beef and Broccoli is Keto-friendly, I’m sad to tell you, that most restaurant versions of this popular dish is absolutely not healthy. It usually has a very high sugar and sodium content.
Therefore, it’s always best to make these dishes at home, where you can control every aspect!
Are broccoli and cauliflower Keto-friendly?
Cauliflower and broccoli have a very similar nutritional profile and contains just 3 grams of carbs per cup. So, they can be enjoyed on a low-carb and keto diet.
Read more about the nutritional profile of broccoli and cauliflower in this great article: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/broccoli-vs-cauliflower
Ground Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp ghee (or coconut oil for cooking)
- 6 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ cup water (optional)
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce (except the water) into a small bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Add the onion and ground beef to a large skillet with the ghee and sauté until the beef is browned. 5-10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower and sauce and cook until the broccoli reached your desired level of tenderness. 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, red pepper flakes and more sesame seeds. (Optional)
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking For More Healthy One Pan/Pot Meals?
- One Pot Amish Beef and Cabbage Skillet
- One Pan Keto Cabbage Chicken Teriyaki Skillet
- Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice with Homemade White Sauce
- Cauliflower Rice with Broccoli and Chicken
Did You Make This Recipe?
If you made this healthy ground beef and broccoli recipe, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it helps us improve our recipes!