We’re always on the lookout for all times favorites to turn into a healthier version of itself. Today, we’re looking at the simple, but wildly popular Asian dish - Beef and Broccoli.
For our version of beef and broccoli, we used ground beef to keep it easier on the wallet, and we added cauliflower rice to bulk up the veggies!
This ground beef and broccoli recipe needs just a quick stir-fry and you’ve got dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes - even faster if you buy prepared vegetables!
- ground beef
- cauliflower rice
- soy sauce (or coconut aminos for Paleo/Whole 30)
- black pepper
- sesame seeds
- minced garlic
- grated ginger
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl, set aside. (Photo 1)
- Add the onions and ground beef into a pan and sauté until the beef is browned and the onions are translucent. About 5- 10 minutes. (Photo 2)
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower, and the sauce. (Photo 3 & 4)
- Allow to cook until the broccoli is tender to your preference. (Photo 5)
- Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh coriander, red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve and enjoy! (Photo 6)
Most restaurant versions of Chinese Beef and Broccoli are usually very high in sugar and sodium. It's best to make these dishes at home where you can control what goes into the meal.
Cauliflower and broccoli have a very similar nutritional profile and contain just 3 grams of carbs per cup. So, they can be enjoyed on low-carb and keto diets.
Ground Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoon ghee (or coconut oil for cooking)
- 6 tablespoon soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup water (optional)
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce (except the water) into a small bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Add the onion and ground beef to a large skillet with the ghee and sauté until the beef is browned. 5-10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower and sauce and cook until the broccoli reached your desired level of tenderness. 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, red pepper flakes and more sesame seeds. (Optional)
- Serve and enjoy!