Okay, okay, okay. Raise your hand if you’ve watched the movie Chef? Now, raise your hand if you had a vicious craving for a Cubano as soon as the end credits started rolling? Yep, that’s what I thought.
We were no different. As soon as we finished the movie, Cody and I both grabbed our phones and started googling for restaurants that served these bomb-looking sandwiches.
We found a few, tried them all over the course of a few weeks and let me tell you, we weren’t disappointed.
Of course, our new-found love for Cubano sandwiches isn’t very realistic health-wise – so we needed to Chirpy-fy it ASAP. What we ended up coming up with is this completely wonderful Low-Carb Keto Bunless Cubano aka Cuban Stuffed Pork.
Aaaahhh, I’m drooling about the deliciousness just typing it out.
How to make Keto Low-Carb Cubano:
What makes this healthy Keto Cubano recipe so incredibly yummy is, of course, the marinated pork. It’s ALL in the Cubano marinade. Ahhh…that magnificent, magnificent marinade though…
We did a lot of research and tried a bunch of different Cubanos in the process until we had the perfect concoction.
Once your pork is deliciously marinaded, you add all the other typical goodies like:
- sliced ham,
- ooey-gooey melted Swiss cheese,
Close everything up nice and highly with toothpicks, give it all a good sear…and finally, finish it up in the oven. Then you’ll experience a party in your mouth like no other. Trust me.
This Low-Carb Keto Bunless Cubano / Stuffed Pork is my new fave. I just can’t get enough of it! Definitely a new staple on our dinner and lunch menu (and leftovers for breakfast because I’m crazy like that).
If stuffed things are appealing to you, check out these other yummy recipes in our repertoire:
- Honey Mustard Stuffed Chicken
- Mexican Stuffed Skirt Steak
- Spicy Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Banana Peppers and Queso Blanco
Pin it! Keto Bunless Cubano (Cuban Stuffed Pork)
Low-Carb Keto Bunless Cubano (Cuban Stuffed Pork) Recipe:
Bunless Cubano / Cuban Stuffed PorkPrint Pin Rate
- 3/4 cup • olive oil
- • zest of 1 orange
- • juice of 1 orange
- • zest of 2 limes
- • juice of 2 limes
- 8 • garlic cloves [4tsp minced garlic]
- 1 cup • fresh mint
- 1 cup • fresh cilantro/coriander
- 1 tsp • dried oregano
- 2 tsp • ground cumin
- 1 tsp • salt
- 1 tsp • pepper
- For the rest:
- 4 • pork loin steaks [butterflied]
- 2 • large pickles [sliced thinly lengthwize]
- 6 • slices Swiss cheese [halved]
- 4 • sliced ham
- Blend all the ingredients for the marinade together and pour into a large ziplock bag. Add the pork and marinade overnight in the fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF/180ºC
- Remove pork from marinade and spread mustard on the inside. Add ham, pickles, Swiss cheese and fold over. Secure with toothpicks.
- Sear the stuffed pork in a medium/hot pan for approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking dish and slide into the oven for about 25-35 minutes.