What do you do when you have a little leftover chicken from last night’s dinner? You turn it into a breakfast bake of course, a Chicken Breakfast Bake that can be eaten right out of the baking dish – which is a big plus in my eyes (because, less dishes…).
Cody and I had some Quick Chicken Al Forno one night and cooked 2 extra chicken breasts in case the first two wasn’t enough. They turned out to be more than enough and we were left with two sad little chicken breasts that needed to be eaten.
After rummaging through the fridge for a few minutes, we found two little pieces of red and green bell peppers, an onion, a jalapeño pepper, cheese and two eggs. A perfect combination!
How to make Keto Chicken Breakfast Bake:
We sautéed the onions, pepper and jalapeño pepper together for about 5 minutes and scooped it into a baking dish, topped it with the leftover chicken, which we cut into cubes and cracked two eggs over it.
Sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top and it’s ready to be popped into the oven for about 20 minutes. What comes out of the oven is pure deliciousness.
Once you break the egg yolk and the creamy gooey goodness mixes with the rest of the ingredients, it’s breakfast heaven, and breakfast heaven is my favorite place to be.
If you’re looking for more healthy keto low-carb breakfast inspiration, try any of these recipes on for size:
- Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl
- Bacon Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet
- Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Low-Carb Sweet Potato Breakfast with Poached Egg
Chicken Breakfast Bake – Pin It!
Keto Chicken Breakfast Bake
- 1/2 lb chicken breast (250g) (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp oil (for cooking)
- Preheat the oven 350ºF/180ºC.
- Sauté the onion, bell peppers and jalapeño pepper in a little bit of oil for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an oven safe dish.
- Add the chicken to the dish. (We used leftover chicken. See recipe notes*)
- Crack the eggs into the dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Slide into the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.