This recipe for a delicious Low-Carb Mushroom Burger uses a tasty portobello mushroom as a base.
You’ll only need 4 simple ingredients for the burger and 5 for the toppings, or spice it up as you like! You can have this ready in 30 minutes from start to finish!
If you’re on a Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Keto, Paleo, or Whole30 meal plan, this recipe is perfect for you!
- ground beef
- mexican chili powder
- ground coriander
- portobello mushrooms
- pepper jack cheese (or cheese of choice)
Low Carb Mushroom Burger
For The Burger:
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
For The Rest:
- 4 portobello mushrooms (stems removed and gills scraped out)
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leafs
- 1 onion (sliced)
- Preheat oven 350ºF/180ºC.
- Drizzle olive oil over the mushrooms and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the onions in a little bit of oil and a knob of butter over a medium heat. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Keep it cooking while you continue with the rest of the steps. Stir occasionally.
- While the mushrooms bake and onions caramelize, mix together the ground beef, salt, dried chili and coriander and mold into 4 patties.
- Cook the patties for approximately 2 minutes on each side over a high heat.
- While the patties are still in the pan, put a slice of cheese on each patty and allow to melt. You can also put a lid on the pan for about 30 second to speed things up.
- Once the mushrooms are done, everything else should be ready as well. All you need to do is to assemble the burgers: 1. start with a mushroom, 2. add lettuce and tomato, 3. slide on the burger 4. and lastly, top with the carmelized onions.