This is a great budget-friendly, one pot ground beef and cabbage recipe. You’ll certainly have leftovers for the next day, or you can freeze it to eat at another time.
You’ll only need 5 ingredients and 3 spices to create this amazing flavor. You can have it ready in 30 minutes too!
It’s suitable for gluten-free, keto, low-carb, paleo and Whole30 diets.
You will need:
- ground beef
- can diced tomatoes
- red chili flakes
- celery seed
- Chop the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground beef, spices, salt, pepper and cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the canned tomatoes and cabbage – let it simmer for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When cooking ground beef, make sure to skip the seed oils and use a heat-stable cooking fat that won’t go rancid at high temperatures (coconut oil, ghee, tallow, etc.)
Yes. However, make sure to time the addition of the ingredients properly. Ground beef will cook a lot faster than onions or carrots, for example, so make sure to add the meat only after the vegetables have softened.
One Pot Amish Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef (400g)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- ½ cabbage (about 6 cups)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp celery seed
- to taste salt and pepper
- Sauté the onion in a little bit of cooking oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the ground beef, spice and season generously with salt and pepper. Be sure to taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Once the ground beef is browned, add the canned tomato and cabbage, stir and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.