Cabbage is an often overlooked vegetable that is actually extremely delicious and versatile. In this simple and ridiculously easy one pot meal, dinner will be on the table in a jiffy – and a family with happy, full bellies soon to follow.
Simple is sometimes the best and with only 5 ingredients and 3 spices – it’s amazing the flavor you can create.
Whether you call this a soup, stew, skillet or casserole – it doesn’t matter! The most important thing is that it is extremely easy and absolutely delicious.
How to make Ground Beef and Cabbage Stew:
What I love about this beef and cabbage skillet is that you literally just chuck everything into a pot and let it be.
- Chop the onion and sauté until translucent
- Add the ground beef, spices, salt, pepper and cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the canned tomatoes and cabbage – let it simmer for about 20 minutes, until everything is nicely married together.
Isn’t that almost too easy?
Just kidding – cooking can NEVER be too easy, especially for those busy and tiresome weeknights.
Once you given this recipe a try though, you’ll never look back – it will become can easy become a staple for a quick throw-together dinner that you can make on a whim.
Not only is super yummy (like I’ve mentioned one, or maybe 10 times), but it is extremely healthy and nutritious.
What to serve with Amish Beef and Cabbage Skillet:
One of my biggest dilemmas when making dinner is not neccesarily choosing the MAIN element, but rather the age old question: “What do I serve with it?” .
So, with this here recipe I’ve decided to include a few ideas:
- Serve it on a bed of yummy basmati rice.
- Serve it with some simple green beans and a little salad on the side.
- Add a bit of beef stock and serve it as a soup.
- Eat it as is – almost like a stew or chili.
- Serve it on top of zoodles.
Really, your possibilities are endless.
You can take this one recipe and serve it up a variety of ways to trick your family into thinking their trying something new.
This Amish Beef and Cabbage recipe is also perfect for leftovers and freezes well.
If you’re looking for more ways to serve up some ground beef for dinner, check out some of our other simple and easy recipes:
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake with Corn and Ground Beef
- Low-Carb Mini Cheese Tacos
- Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Individual Cottage Pie with Cauliflower Mash
- Caesar’s Pizza Soup
Pin It! One Pot Amish Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet!
Easy Ground Beef and Cabbage Recipe and Nutritional Information/Calories:
One Pot Amish Ground Beef and Cabbage SkilletPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb ground beef (400g)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 cabbage (about 6 cups)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- to taste salt and pepper
- Sauté the onion in a little bit of cooking oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the ground beef, spice and season generously with salt and pepper. Be sure to taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Once the ground beef is browned, add the canned tomato and cabbage, stir and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.