Last December, my mom, Zellie, and I went to the Midlands Meander in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa – which according to the official site is “a collection of arranged routes that offer visitors hospitality in truly beautiful surroundings”. Basically, it’s a bunch of meandering roads in, which feels like, the middle of nowhere, with beautiful scenery and dotted with restaurants and interesting shops along the way.
One of said restaurants was a cute little place that didn’t look like much from the outsite, but its menu turned out to be quite spectacular. I had a little Moroccan Lamb Burger and as soon as I took the first bite, I took out my phone and made a note about it. I love taking inspiration from restaurants and trying my best to recreate things I like in a simple and healthier way. It was no different with this Lamb Burger, but of course, to make it Chirpy approved, it has to be low-carb. Hence, a Bunless Moroccan Lamb Burger with Pickled Beets and Tzatziki!
This yummy lunch or dinner recipe is made using only 7 ingredients and a bunch of spices – and is made from start to finish in barely 15 minutes. Can’t complain about that! As you all know, I’m a sucker for quick and easy recipes. I love to cook, don’t get me wrong, but nobody wants to spend hours in the kitchen for every meal of the day. That’s where recipes like this come in very handy! It’s rich in flavor, but won’t take too much of your precious time to get on the table! Yay!
Have I mentioned before that my mom and Zellie are coming to the USA on April 29th and that we’re meeting up with them in Orlando after our honeymoon? Well yes! That’s happening and I’m going crazy with excitement, because we’re going to DIDNEY WORL!! Didney Worl is without a doubt one of my very favorite places on earth and my favorite ride is the Rock ‘n Rollercoaster starring Aerosmith, because, well, Aerosmith. Duh!
In other news, it’s Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend 😀
Bunless Moroccan Lamb Burger with Pickled Beet & TzatzikiPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb/200g • ground lamb
- 1/2 cup • cucumber [grated]
- 1 5 oz/150g tub • greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup • organic pickled beet [chopped]
- 1/2 tsp • cumin
- 1/2 tsp • coriander
- 1/2 tsp • paprika
- 1/4 tsp • cinnamon
- 1 tsp • salt [plus more for the tzatziki]
- to taste • fresh cilanto
- 1 • tomato [sliced]
- 4 • green lettuce leaves
- For the tzatziki: mix the cucumber, yoghurt and salt to your liking.
- For the burger: mix the lamb meat with the cumin, coriander, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt and cilantro. Form into four burgers.
- Cook each burger in a pan over a medium/high heat for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, depending on how you like it cooked.
- Arrange the burgers: lettuce, tomato, burger, beet, tzatziki and lastly, some fresh coriander on top!
- We served these burgers with some zucchini sauté-ed in a little bit of butter.
Pin it! Bunless Moroccan Lamb Burger with Pickled Beet and Tzatziki