This recipe has been a staple in our home for many years and it has done a fair bit of evolving over time to reach the peak status of our Best Chicken Stew Recipe.
And now, thanks to the Instant Pot it’s probably one of my very favorite throw-together one pot meals EVER.
Whenever it’s a bit cold or rainy, we tend to whip out the instant pot and eat this comforting meal. We usually tend to eat it in a bowl, sitting on the couch for some reason.
It’s THAT sort of meal.
There’s nothing quite as comforting in wintertime as a hearty chicken stew.
How Do You Make Paleo Chicken Stew In An Instant Pot?
There’s nothing I love more than one pot meals, and chicken stew is probably one of the easiest instant pot recipes.
Here’s how it goes:
- Grab your instant pot,
- Throw all the ingredients in it,
- Put on the lid,
- Set it to cook for 30 minutes on high pressure,
- Quick release the pressure once it’s done,
- Voilà! Serve it up while it’s still steaming.
We like to serve this as a soup (add an extra cup of chicken stock), with some cauliflower rice or on a bed of basmati rice if we’re feeling carby.
I also love making this dish pretty often, because it makes a LOT and it’s totally freezable and gives you at least 10-12 servings, depending on the amount of chicken you add.
I usually add a 12 pack of chicken thighs or a mix of drumsticks and chicken thighs.
But when I do a whole chicken I tend to remove the chicken, give it a quick shred (super easy since it literally falls off the bone), and add it back into the rest of the stew.
That’s the beauty of pressure cooking. A lot of flavor in a small amount of time.
If healthy chicken recipes are what you’re after, have a peek at some of our other quick and easy chicken recipes that are perfect for a busy weeknight dinner:
- Paprika Chicken Skillet
- Ratatouille Chicken Casserole
- 2 Ingredient Salsa Chicken
- Mozzarella Pesto Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken – 5 Ingredients!
Pin It! Paleo Instant Pot Chicken Stew!
Instant Pot Chicken Stew Recipe and Nutritional Information / Calories:
Instant Pot Chicken Stew [Paleo, Whole 30, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Keto]
- 2 lb chicken pieces (3kg) (I used a mix of drumsticks and thighs)
- 2 onion (diced)
- 1 can diced tomato
- 2 cups carrots (diced)
- 2 cups zucchini (diced)
- 2 cups button mushrooms (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped, including the leaves)
- 1 cup chicken stock (add an extra cup if you want it soupy)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- to taste black pepper
- Add ALL the ingredients into your instant pot.
- Seal the lid and set to cook for 30 minutes on HIGH.
- Quick release the pressure.