A firm family favorite Instant Pot Chicken Stew recipe. 10 simple ingredients. 30 minutes in the instant pot. Minimal cleanup. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.
This recipe has been a staple in our home for many years and it has done a fair bit of evolving over time to reach this level of love. And now, thanks to the Instant Pot it’s probably one of my very favorite throw-together one pot meals EVER.
How Do You Make Instant Pot Chicken Stew?
The Ingredients You Need:
- Grab your instant pot,
- Throw all the ingredients in it,
- Put on the lid,
- Set it to cook for 30 minutes on high pressure,
- Quick release the pressure once it’s done,
- Voilà! Serve it up while it’s still steaming.
But when I do a whole chicken I tend to remove the chicken, give it a quick shred (super easy since it literally falls off the bone), and add it back into the rest of the stew.
If healthy chicken recipes are what you’re after, have a peek at some of our other quick and easy chicken recipes that are perfect for a busy weeknight dinner:
- Paprika Chicken Skillet
- Ratatouille Chicken Casserole
- 2 Ingredient Salsa Chicken
- Mozzarella Pesto Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken – 5 Ingredients!
Pin It! Paleo Instant Pot Chicken Stew!
Instant Pot Chicken Stew Recipe and Nutritional Information / Calories:
Instant Pot Chicken Stew [Paleo, Whole 30, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Keto]
- 2 lb chicken pieces (3kg) (I used a mix of drumsticks and thighs)
- 2 onion (diced)
- 1 can diced tomato
- 2 cups carrots (diced)
- 2 cups zucchini (diced)
- 2 cups button mushrooms (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped, including the leaves)
- 1 cup chicken stock (add an extra cup if you want it soupy)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- to taste black pepper
- Add ALL the ingredients into your instant pot.
- Seal the lid and set to cook for 30 minutes on HIGH.
- Quick release the pressure.