This Instant Pot Chicken Stew recipe (with whole chicken, or chicken pieces) only needs 10 simple, fresh ingredients to make.
You can have in prepped in 15 minutes of hands-on time, after which is cooks for 30 minutes in the instant pot – minimal cleanup! It’s gluten-free, paleo, Whole30, low-carb, and keto-friendly.
This Instant Pot Chicken Stew usually yields enough for two meals. Keep the leftovers in the fridge for the next day or store in the freezer for a quick meal on a lazy day.
You will need:
- canned tomato
- chicken stock
- dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Get your instant pot ready.
- Throw all the ingredients in it. (Photo 1-4)
- Seal the lid.
- Set it to cook for 45 minutes on high pressure. (Photo 5)
- Quick release the pressure once it’s done.
- Serve and enjoy! (Photo 6)
Instant Pot Chicken Stew [Paleo, Whole 30, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Keto]
- 2 lb chicken pieces (1kg) (see recipe notes)
- 2 onion (diced)
- 1 can diced tomato
- 2 cups carrots (diced)
- 2 cups zucchini (diced)
- 2 cups button mushrooms (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped, including the leaves)
- 1 cup chicken stock (add an extra cup if you want it soupy)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- to taste black pepper
- Add ALL the ingredients into your instant pot.
- Seal the lid and set to cook for 45 minutes on HIGH.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Serve and enjoy!