This Tandoori Fish with Garlic Butter Cauliflower is a simple and easy one sheet pan dinner recipe. 6 ingredients and 30 Minutes. It’s Paleo, Whole 30, Low-Carb, Keto and Gluten-Free.
Use the “Jump To Recipe” button to skip ahead to the recipe card, but don’t be too hasty as the post contains all my tips and tricks.
This easy dinner recipe is a recent addition to our weeknight dinner rotation and it’s a good one! It’s a great recipe to keep in your back pocket whenever you’re feeling a bit demotivated to cook a big meal from scratch.
So, if you (like I do) ensure there’s always have a box of frozen fish fillets in the freezer, you’ve got at least one meal ready with little to no effort. Just pick up a head of cauliflower, or grab a bag of already prepped cauliflower.
What is Tandoori Style?
Traditionally Tandoori Style means that food is cooked in a cylindrical clay oven with a special spice mix.
It originated in India and is now popular in many other parts of the world. This recipe isn’t cooked in a traditional clay oven, but we’re taking inspiration from the spices used in traditional Indian cooking to create this yummy Tandoori fish recipe.
How To Cook Frozen Fish:
I love keeping a pack of frozen fish fillets in the freezer, because it really does make for an easy meal. Especially when you’re in no mood to cook.
You can cook fish from frozen in a pan or in the oven. I definitely prefer the oven when it comes to this specific recipe, because I can throw in some vegetables as well and make a whole meal in one easy step.
You can prepare this tandoori fish recipe without an oven, by using two pans on the stovetop. We do it that way on occasion. We use two hot pans and cook the fish for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, while we sauté the garlic butter cauliflower in the other pan – tossing occasionally.
I like using a hot oven (200C/400F) for about 15 minutes to cook frozen fish fillet, but of course – this all depends on the size of the fish portions, so more time for large pieces, and less time for small/thin pieces.
How To Make Baked Tandoori Fish and Garlic Butter Cauliflower:
This recipe is as simple as can be, especially if you already have some of our Homemade Tandoori Spice Mix on hand.
But first, garlic butter cauliflower.
Mix your melted butter and minced garlic together and pour over the cauliflower florets. Toss together to ensure and even coat.
Toss the cauliflower to one side of a sheet pan in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
Next, mix the oil and Tandoori Spice together and pour over the frozen fish fillets. Mix until everything is evenly coated.
Now, arrange the fish on the sheet pan, next to the cauliflower.
Slide the tray into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. For smaller, thinner portions of fish, it might need less time. For larger, thicker portions – more. You’ll know the fish is ready when it flakes easily.
Once the fish is cooked, remove from the oven. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
Sometimes we like to serve this recipe with some Kachumber, which is a simple, but yummy little salad with cucumber and tomato.
Such a simple recipe, but packed with flavor!
If you need more quick and easy fish recipe inspiration, check out some of these:
- Easy Paleo Canned Tuna Fish Cakes
- Smoked Haddock with Creamy Tomato Pepper Sauce
- Spicy Creole Flounder
- Tuna Tomato Zoodle Bake
- Seared Worcestershire Salmon with Wilted Spinach
One Sheet Pan Tandoori Fish and Garlic Butter Cauliflower Recipe:
One Sheet Pan Tandoori Fish and Garlic Butter Cauliflower
Garlic Butter Cauliflower:
- 1.5 lb Cauliflower (About 5-6 cups of florets)
- 2 tbsp Butter (Melted)
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 1.5 lb Frozen White Fish (We used Hake. Our pack had 6 portions)
- 4 tbsp Light Olive Oil (Or Avocado Oil)
- 4 tbsp Tandoori Spice Mix
- Preheat your oven grill. (400F/220C+)
- In a bowl, toss the cauliflower and the butter and garlic together until evenly coated.
- Dump the cauliflower to one side of a large sheet pan and set aside.
- Mix the oil and Tandoori Spice Mix together and pour over the fish fillets. Coat evenly.
- Arrange the fish fillets next to the cauliflower and pop into to oven (in the middle rack).
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Keep and eye on every few minutes after 10 minutes, because the cooking time depends on the size of the fish portions. When the fish is cooked, it will flake easily.