One of my all-time favorite dishes to order, at a restaurant back home in South Africa, is called an Alabama Chicken Stacker (I doubt that it’s really a recipe that hails from “Alabama”, but I just roll with it haha). It’s a delicious piece of toasted ciabatta, topped with a succulent chicken breast, tomato slices, crispy bacon, draped with melted mozzarella cheese, and finally, drizzled with honey mustard sauce. Ohhh boy. It’s as good as it sounds – well, reads, if we’re being technical here.
It’s been on my mind for a while now, because I just love recreating things I eat at restaurants. And seeing as this is one of my very favorites, it was just about time this easy and yummy creation made it into rotation. We finally present to you our Honey Mustard Stuffed Chicken. Mmmmhmmm.
It’s SO easy to make too. Butterfly the chicken breast and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and ground coriander on both sides. Top it with the sliced tomato, crispy bacon, and finally, the cheeeeese. Pop it in the oven for approximately 25 minutes and when it comes out – smother it with the quick and easy creamy honey mustard sauce.
It’s another perfect dinner recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes and is a serious taste explosion. I know for a fact your family will love it, and who knows – it might just become a dinner staple!
We’ve also got a bunch of other awesome (and ofcourse, easy) recipes that puts a new twist on stuffed chicken. I loooove the versatility of chicken!
- Basil Pesto Chicken with Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Spicy Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Banana Peppers
- Quick Chicken Al Forno
- Spicy Spinach and Tomato Chicken Roll-Ups
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Tenders with Chili Mayo
- 2 • small chicken breast [cut in half lengthwise and pound to about 3/4” thick if neccesary]
- 4 • strips of bacon [cooked crispy or to your liking]
- 1 • roma tomato [sliced]
- 1/4 cup • shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup • cream
- 2 tbsp • spicy mustard
- 1 tsp • honey
- to taste • salt/pepper/coriander
- Preheat over 350ºF/180ºC
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt, pepper and coriander.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking tray and top with the sliced tomato, bacon strips and finally, the cheese. Add a sprinkle of cheese on top if you like.
- Fold the chicken over and secure with a toothpick.
- Pop it into the oven for approximately 25 minutes and about 2 minutes under the broiler - until the chicken it cooked and the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- While the chicken cooks, warm the cream, mustard and honey together in a small sauce pan and drizzle over the chicken before serving.
Pin it! Honey Mustard Stuffed Chicken!