Breakfast. My favorite meal of the day….but you already knew that. For those days when we’re feeling in the mood for something a little more special, we usually whip out some smoked salmon. Oh yes! I could live off smoked salmon, but it’s not really the most economical ingredient, so it gets saved for special occasions. My smoked salmon breakfast bowl is not technically a recipe, but more of an idea.
Creamy scrambled eggs, oven roasted vine tomatoes, a few slices of fresh avocado, and a few ribbons of silky smoked salmon. Served with a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkle of chives. It really doesn’t get any better than that.
On top of tasting like heaven, it also looks almost too pretty to eat. That doesn’t stop me, though. I usually gobble my plate up way too quick and then stare sadly at Cody’s plate, wishing I took it a little slower. It’s my own fault that I eat fast like a hostel kid, as my mom usually puts it. ????
It’s all good, though. The sadness of clearing my plate too quick does the job of getting me excited for the next time we have this deeeelicious breakfast again.
For more healthy breakfast inspo, check out these:
- Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Low-Carb Sweet Potato Breakfast with Poached Egg
- Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Egg Crêpe
- Chicken Breakfast Bake
- Low Carb Breakfast Burrito with Bacon and Avocado
- Quick Italian Eggs
- Bacon Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet
- 4 • eggs
- 2 tbsp • whole milk
- to taste • salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp • butter
- 1/2 • avocado [sliced]
- 8 • small vine tomatoes [oven roasted @ 350ºF/180ºC for 20 minutes or cheat and set it under the broiler for a couple of minutes]
- to taste • smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp • fresh chopped chives
- 2 tbsp • creme fraiche
- Whisk the eggs with the whole milk, salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and cook the eggs until they are done, but still moist.
- Serve the eggs right away with the vine tomatoes, avocado and a couple ribbons of smoked salmon.
- Add a dollop of creme fraiche to each plate and top everything with fresh chopped chives.
Pin It! Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl