This is a quick and easy recipe for a breakfast burrito wrap that’s as delicious as it is nutritious! Needs only 5 ingredients (plus your choice of filling!), and 10 minutes to cook. It’s sure to become a new low-carb keto breakfast favorite!
The recipe card, instruction video and nutritional information is at the bottom of the post – Use the “Jump To Recipe” button to skip ahead, but don’t be too hasty – the post contains all my tips and tricks!
Breakfast and wraps – two of my very favorite things on the planet. You can imagine my excitement about this here recipe when you take that fact into consideration. Breakfast wrap with egg – great. Healthy Low-Carb Keto breakfast wrap made with eggs? Ding-ding-ding! We’ve got winner!
This here Low Carb Keto Breakfast Burrito with Bacon and Avocado is as close to low-carb breakfast heaven you can get.
I am a massive breakfast fanatic. Or more specifically, an *egg* fanatic. They’re amazing. Think about it…You can bake them, fry them, poach them, boil them, have them sweet, have them savory.
The list goes on and on!
It’s one of the most versatile foods that exist, and they taste absolutely delicious. I get unreasonably angry when people tell me they don’t eat eggs. Because…how can you not like eggs???
I mean, let’s look at this breakfast right here…
How To Make A Keto Breakfast Burrito Wrap:
The best, most wholesome way to make a low carb or keto tortilla wrap – is to make it with egg. And therefore, you pretty much only need one thing:
- A great non-stick pan!
Since you’re working with egg, you don’t want it to stick. A good quality non-stick pan will make sure that doesn’t happen.
How to make a low carb tortilla with egg?
So, when you trying to make a healthy egg tortilla – you’ll need egg (obviously!). One egg is usually enough for one wrap. (I use an 8″ pan.)
If you’d like to make a healthy egg white tortilla for your yummy keto breakfast wrap, I would use an extra egg per two tortillas.
Now for the method:
- Ensure the eggs are WELL mixed with the (optional) heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in your pan over a medium high heat.
- Pour half the egg into the pan. Be sure to tilt the pan around quickly so you get an even tortilla!
- Put a lid on it and let it sit for about a minute.
- Shake the pan back and forth to see if the pancake moves around. You can use a large spatula to help as well.
- Flip the pancake out of the pan and onto a paper towel to remove excess oiliness.
- And that’s that! Now comes the fun part!
What to put in a healthy breakfast wrap?
In our healthy breakfast wrap I like to put the following ingredients:
- Crisp lettuce
- Juicy tomato slices
- Creamy avocado
- All wrapped in a delicious gluten-free egg “tortilla”.
- Ohhhh yeahhh!
It’s all my favorite ingredients in one meal. (If you want to see more of my favorites in one meal – check out our Low Carb Sunrise Benedict.)
Not only that, but it is ridiculously easy and quick to throw together.
Another great thing about this keto egg tortilla recipe is the fact that it can be made ahead and refrigerated.
I can’t remember exactly what gave me the idea to make this. One minute I was pitching the idea to my mom and sister, and making it the next. It turned out great and we all loved it. And when everybody loves something, it only makes sense to spread the love. Which is why you can see this bright and fresh creation on Living Chirpy today.
I love how the egg crêpe is just an egg mixed with a splash of cream, salt and pepper. It keeps its shape and you are able to hold it in your hands like a regular wrap.
That’s some serious low carb awesomeness. It’s a healthy breakfast burrito wrap worth waking up for!
For more deliciously healthy keto breakfast recipes, click on these:
- Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl
- Bacon Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet
- Sweet Potato Paleo Muffins
- Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Low-Carb Sweet Potato Breakfast with Poached Egg
- Sweet Potato Waffles
- 10 Quick and Easy Low-Carb Breakfast Recipes
Gluten-Free Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito Instruction Video:
Breakfast Burrito Wrap with Egg Recipe and Calories:
Breakfast Burrito Wrap with Bacon and Avocado
- 2 • eggs
- 2 tbsp • heavy cream [optional]
- to taste • salt
- to taste • pepper
- 2 tsp • butter
- 2 tbsp • mayonnaise
- 1 cup • romaine lettuce [chopped]
- 1 • roma tomato [sliced]
- 4 • bacon strips [cooked crisp]
- 1/2 • avocado [sliced]
- Mix the eggs well with the heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Heat up a non-stick pan to a medium heat.
- Melt half the butter and add half the egg mixture. Tilt the pan back and forth to ensure it covers the entire base.
- Cover the pan and cook for about a minute.
- When you are able to move the entire crepe when shaking the pan back and forth, flip it over with a spatula.
- When it’s fully cooked, transfer to a paper towel to remove excess oiliness.
- Repeat with the other half of the egg mix.
- Spread the mayonaisse on the crepe.
- Add the lettuce, tomato, bacon and avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll and enjoy!