The recipe card, instruction video and nutritional information is at the bottom of the post. But don’t be too hasty – the post contains all my tips and tricks!
Breakfast and wraps – two of my very favorite things on the planet. You can imagine my excitement about this here recipe when you take that fact into consideration. Breakfast wrap with egg – great. Healthy breakfast wrap made with egg? Ding-ding-ding! We’ve got winner!
This here Low Carb Breakfast Burrito with Bacon and Avocado is as close to low-carb breakfast heaven you can get.
I am a massive breakfast fanatic. Or more specifically, an *egg* fanatic. They’re amazing. Think about it…You can bake them, fry them, poach them, boil them, have them sweet, have them savory.
It’s one of the most versatile foods that exist, and they taste absolutely delicious. I get unreasonably angry when people tell me they don’t eat eggs. Because…how can you not like eggs???
I mean, let’s look at this breakfast right here…
What to put in a kick-ass healthy breakfast wrap?
- Crisp lettuce
- Juicy tomato slices
- Creamy avocado
- All wrapped in a delicious gluten-free egg “tortilla”
- Ohhhh yeahhh!
It’s all my favorite ingredients in one meal. (If you want to see more of my favorites in one meal – check out our Low Carb Sunrise Benedict.)
Not only that, but it is ridiculously easy and quick to throw together.
I can’t remember exactly what gave me the idea to make this. One minute I was pitching the idea to my mom and sister, and making it the next. It turned out great and we all loved it.
When everybody loves something, it only makes sense to spread the love. Which is why you can see this bright and fresh creation on Living Chirpy today.
I love how the egg crêpe is just an egg mixed with a splash of cream, salt and pepper. It keeps its shape and you are able to hold it in your hands like a regular wrap.
That’s some serious low carb awesomeness. It’s a breakfast burrito worth waking up for!
For more deliciously healthy breakfast recipes, click out these:
- Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl
- Bacon Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet
- Sweet Potato Paleo Muffins
- Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Low-Carb Sweet Potato Breakfast with Poached Egg
- Sweet Potato Waffles
- 10 Quick and Easy Low-Carb Breakfast Recipes
Low Carb Breakfast Burrito – Pin it!
Gluten-Free Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito Instruction Video:
Healthy Breakfast Wrap with Egg Recipe:
Breakfast “Burrito” with Bacon and AvocadoPrint Pin Rate
- 2 • eggs
- 2 tbsp • heavy cream [optional]
- to taste • salt
- to taste • pepper
- 2 tsp • butter
- 2 tbsp • mayonnaise
- 1 cup • romaine lettuce [chopped]
- 1 • roma tomato [sliced]
- 4 • bacon strips [cooked crisp]
- 1/2 • avocado [sliced]
- Mix the eggs well with the heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Heat up a non-stick pan to a medium heat.
- Melt half the butter and add half the egg mixture. Tilt the pan back and forth to ensure it covers the entire base.
- Cover the pan and cook for about a minute.
- When you are able to move the entire crepe when shaking the pan back and forth, flip it over with a spatula.
- When it's fully cooked, transfer to a paper towel to remove excess oiliness.
- Repeat with the other half of the egg mix.
- Spread the mayonaisse on the crepe.
- Add the lettuce, tomato, bacon and avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll and enjoy!