One morning we all woke up so hungry that we put cooking off the table straight away. We jumped in the car and started driving, keeping our eyes peeled for a breakfast spot we hadn't been to yet. In the end, Cody was the one that noticed a little hole-in-the-wall Crêperie just before we were about to turn in the opposite direction - and what an awesome find it was!
Zellie and I both ordered a creamy chicken crêpe and gobbled it up faster than you can say "crêperie". We knew we had to create a Chirpy version of it (AND plan our next visit to this cute little place) before we had even swallowed the last bite.
Imagine this: a perfectly thin egg "crêpe" filled with a finger-licking creamy sautéed chicken, mushroom and onion mix, topped with crispy little nuggets of salty happiness - that's bacon for you regular folk, with some lightly salted whipped cream on the side.
It's a perfect balance of indulgent and healthy. I know I say this a lot, but this is totally my new favorite. I can't even think of the words to truly do this recipe justice. It's just perfect in every way, as breakfast or lunch.
So, before I leave you all to soak up the majesty of this creation and plan the day you're going to cook it, I'd like to thank that cute little Crêperie for the inspiration for this masterpiece and for leaving my stomach in the happiest state it's been in a long time, but not for the embarrassment of making me lick my plate in a public place.
Just typing this post is making my stomach growl. I'm seriously contemplating having this for dinner tonight, because why not?
- 4 • eggs
- 2 cups • cream
- 1 cup • sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup • sliced onions
- 1 cup • sliced chicken
- 4 • bacon slices cooked crispy and chopped finely
- to taste • salt and pepper
- oil/lard • for cooking
- Whisk the eggs together with a dash of cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan to a medium heat and melt a knob of lard in it.
- Pour approximately a ½ cup of the egg mix (1 eggs worth) into the pan while tilting it back and forth to evenly spread the mix over the entire bottom of the pan.
- Once the egg crêpe is cooked through, about 1-2 minutes, carefully flip and cook for a few seconds before transferring to a paper towel. Repeat 4 times.
- Sauté the chicken, onions and mushrooms together until it is fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add half the bacon bits and a cup of cream to the pan and cook until the cream is hot and slightly thickened.
- Divide the creamy chicken and mushroom mix between each of the four crêpes and fold.
- Top each crêpe with the rest of the bacon bits.
- Optional (but recommended): Whisk the remaining cream with a pinch of salt until stiff. Serve on the side.
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Egg Crêpe - Pin It!