Okay. Ever had that feeling that you could live off pizza for the rest of your life? Yeah, me too. It’s not a very realistic dream, but guess what? Chirpy is here to (mostly) fix your problem. You can now eat “pizza” for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Trust me, our guilt free Low Carb Mini Pizza Crustless Quiche is the answer to your prayers.
Cody and I knew we had to somehow satisfy our relentless pizza craving, without going down the route of having pizza for dinner every night. We had to find a Chirpy alternative. So, one weekend morning the idea popped into my head to not only make mini crustless quiches, but to make them pizza flavored. Oh yes!
It’s such a wonderful feeling to take a comfort food and turn it into a decently healthy meal. I was really proud of myself for this invention. Although, it’s most likely been done before, as with every other recipe in existence. But I’ll keep patting myself on the back for this one. I don’t care.
Cody and I had them for breakfast on a Saturday morning…and then for lunch also…and we might’ve finished what was left for dinner too. That’s how good they were. About 30 minutes of effort set us up for an entire day of yumminess. When we make these again, I’ll be sure to pop half of these in the freezer for another day. Or just do what we did the first time. That’s more likely.
- 6 • eggs
- 1 tsp • oregano
- 1 tsp • salt
- to taste • pepper
- 1/2 cup • heavy cream
- 25 slices • pepperoni [roughly chopped]
- 1 cup • pizza sauce
- 1 cup • mozzarella
- Preheat the oven 325ºF
- Whisk the eggs with the cream, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add a little bit of egg mix to the muffin pan, about 1/3.
- Divide the cheese equally into each cup. With the size of our muffin pan, this mixture made 9 mini quiches.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce to each cup and then divide the pepperoni equally.
- Add the rest of the egg mix.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.