This Smoked Sausage Hash is great with some fried eggs and a big glass of orange juice. It's the perfect start to a lazy weekend morning.
So, this is obviously not the most unprocessed meal you’ll ever have. We spent quite a while at our local market reading the ingredient lists of smoked sausages and ended up choosing the brand “Holmes Smokehouse”. It has the least amount of ingredients – which is exactly what you want.
What's better than anything with crispy seared edges? The answer is not much. I sure love myself some crispy edges!
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and this was a pretty darn delicious breakfast if I do say so myself!
4th of July weekend is here and it's pouring rain :/ My weather app predicts rain for the whole weekend too. I hope we still get to see some awesome fireworks though! I love fireworks almost as much as I love crispy seared edges.
- 1 • potato [cooked and cubed]
- 8 oz • smoked sausage [cut into half-moons]
- ½ • onion [diced]
- ½ • red pepper [diced]
- 1 cup • mushrooms [quartered]
- 1 clove • garlic [minced]
- ½ teaspoon • cumin
- ¼ teaspoon • cayenne pepper
- to taste • salt/pepper
- Heat up a pan and drop in all the ingredients. Don't you just love that sizzle?
- Keep tossing it all together until everything gets nice and crisp.
- Dump into a plate and drizzle some of the spicy mayo on top. Try not to gobble it up too fast!
this recipe doesn't state what ingredients go together for spicy mayo
Hi Carolyn, underneath the method you'll find a note that explains what the "spicy mayo" is all about. "Our spicy mustard mayo is a bit of a cheat! 4 parts mayo, 1 part mustard and a blob of hot sauce."! Hope that answers your question! 🙂