This Smoked Sausage Hash is great with some fried eggs and a big glass of orange juice. It’s the perfect start to a lazy weekend morning.
So, this is obviously not the most unprocessed meal you’ll ever have. We spent quite a while at our local market reading the ingredient lists of smoked sausages and ended up choosing the brand “Holmes Smokehouse”. It has the least amount of ingredients – which is exactly what you want.
What’s better than anything with crispy seared edges? The answer is not much. I sure love myself some crispy edges!
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and this was a pretty darn delicious breakfast if I do say so myself!
4th of July weekend is here and it’s pouring rain :/ My weather app predicts rain for the whole weekend too. I hope we still get to see some awesome fireworks though! I love fireworks almost as much as I love crispy seared edges.
- 1 • potato [cooked and cubed]
- 8 oz • smoked sausage [cut into half-moons]
- ½ • onion [diced]
- ½ • red pepper [diced]
- 1 cup • mushrooms [quartered]
- 1 clove • garlic [minced]
- ½ teaspoon • cumin
- ¼ teaspoon • cayenne pepper
- to taste • salt/pepper
- Heat up a pan and drop in all the ingredients. Don't you just love that sizzle?
- Keep tossing it all together until everything gets nice and crisp.
- Dump into a plate and drizzle some of the spicy mayo on top. Try not to gobble it up too fast!