Even though I love eating eggs for breakfast every day, sometimes it's nice to switch things up a little. So, today we decided to do a little Low-Carb Keto Breakfast Vegetable Stack.
Here's what you need:
- A portobello mushroom base,
- Some fresh baby spinach,
- Sautéed zucchini, and
- Red bell peppers,
- Homemade dill mayo, and
- Crumbled feta cheese.
It tastes better than it looks. Trust me.
There are few things I love more than having fresh produce to cook with - laying them out, chopping them up and admiring the gorgeous vibrant colors.
Today's recipe is just an abundance of freshness and it couldn't be more satisfying.
I recently mentioned that I don't like using the oven to cook breakfast, because I'm too hungry to wait for an oven to warm up in the morning. Well, in this case, it's worth the wait. So, I'll save this for a day when I don't wake up starving (I don't want to turn into "The Beast", which is what my family calls me when I get 'hangry').
While the mushrooms cook in the oven, for only 20 minutes (which isn't that bad at all), you slice up the zucchini and green peppers and sauté it up separately. You then mix up some dill and mayo, and add a little salt and pepper. Then you're ready to go.
Once the mushrooms are ready, you slide them onto plates, add the spinach, zucchini, peppers, drizzle some mayo and top with feta. Now, you're ready to eat a healthy, delicious, different kind of breakfast.
It's also a great Whole 30 compliant breakfast recipes as well as being Paleo approved!
As they say, variety is the spice of life!
If you're still on the look for Low-Carb Keto Breakfast Recipes - check out some of our other healthy breakfast creations:
- Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl
- Bacon Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet
- Low Carb Sunrise Benedict
- Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito with Bacon and Avocado
Breakfast Veggie Stack - Pin it!
Low-Carb Keto Vegetarian Vegetable Breakfast Stack Recipe:
- 2 • large portobello mushrooms
- 1 • medium zucchini [cut in half and sliced thinly]
- 1 • red bell pepper [julienne]
- 1 cup • baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon • crumbed feta cheese
- ¼ cup • mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon • dried dill
- to taste • salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 350ºF.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
- While that cooks, sauté the zucchini in a little bit of butter and set aside.
- Then, sauté the bell peppers and set a side.
- Once the mushrooms are ready, slide onto plates and top with spinach, zucchini and the red bell pepper.
- Add some dill mayo and top with the feta cheese.