Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, because in my eyes, nothing compares to eggs and bacon. Oh yes. Some days though, a little variety is in order and even though this Bacon Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet still has the usual eggs and bacon, it’s done in a fresh and new way that’ll make you fall in love all over again.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I fully agree. Nothing kick starts your body more than a nutrient packed meal. A delicious plate of breakfast first thing in the morning definitely makes me energized and ready to tackle any challenge.
Having it be quick and easy to prepare is also important - you don’t want to slave away in the kitchen first thing in the morning, right? Well, the most “labor intensive” part of cooking this breakfast skillet is the chopping, and chopping can easily be done the night before. Which then leaves you with just a few minutes of boiling and sautéing in the morning.
Now that Cody, Bo and I are back in South Africa, we’ve been able to put more effort into the blog, cooking and eating healthy. We’ve also been tinkering around with a brand spanking new design that’ll hopefully set us apart from all the other 5 million food blogs out there. In addition to all the Living Chirpy related work, we’ve been working on starting up a local photography business so Cody can photograph full time. Pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.
With all the changes in our lives and things we’re working on, this Bacon Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet is one of my new favorite ways to start the day and be ready for any situation!
If you need more healthy breakfast-inspiration, try these on for size:
- Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Low-Carb Sweet Potato Breakfast with Poached Egg
- Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Egg Crêpe
- Chicken Breakfast Bake
- Low Carb Breakfast Burrito with Bacon and Avocado
- Quick Italian Eggs
- 2 cups • cauliflower [chopped fine in food processor]
- ½ • brown onion [diced]
- ½ • red bell pepper [diced]
- 4 • bacon strips [cut into bite-sized pieces]
- 4 • eggs [boiled to your preferences. we boiled ours for 8 minutes to medium hard]
- ½ cup • heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon • paprika
- 1 tablespoon • butter
- to taste • salt and pepper
- Sauté the bacon and onion together until the bacon is cooked and the onion is soft.
- Add the cauliflower, red bell pepper, paprika, butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté everything together until the cauliflower is cooked to your liking [about 5-10 minutes]
- Add the heavy cream and stir until everything is hot and blended.
- Add the boiled eggs on top and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Bacon Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet - Pin It!