I love breakfast, as I’ve mentioned countless times before. I’m always on the lookout for new ways to prepare eggs – you know, so I don’t have to force scrambled eggs on Cody every morning, even though I’d be more than happy to eat plain scrambled eggs every single morning of my life. After seeing countless “baked egg” recipes on pinterest and various other sources, I knew I had to try it.
The problem was – even though all the recipes I saw claimed it was “quick” and “easy” – it wasn’t good enough for me. When I wake up in the morning – hungry – I don’t want to wait for an oven to heat up. I can’t be the only one, right?
I want to march into the kitchen, slap a pan on the stove, throw some stuff in it and eat. I don’t like to wait, especially when it comes to food. So, I decided to take the ideas that I saw all over pinterest and create this truly easy and quick Italian Eggs recipe.
This is my new go-to breakfast – no doubt about it. It only needs 4 ingredients that you, most likely, already have in the fridge/pantry and 3-5 minutes of cooking. It doesn’t get any better than that.
- 1/2 cup • marinara sauce [we use Mezzetta all natural marinara]
- 1/2 cup • spinach [roughly chopped]
- 2 • eggs
- 1/4 cup • mozzarella cheese
- to taste • salt and pepper
- Pour the marinara to a small sauté pan.
- Add the spinach and break in the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese.
- Put pan on stove at a medium to high heat.
- As soon as the Marinara starts bubbling, cover and cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
- We cooked ours for 4 minutes and it gave us a medium egg.