This post is about sweet potato wedges that are, wait for it…loaded. I don’t really need to say anything more about it, do I?
Right?! Well, see ya next Wednesday then!
JK jk jk jk. Wouldn’t it be nice if it could be that easy haha.
So, we’ve been wanting to do sweet potato wedges for a while now, not that it’s something spectacularly original or anything. It’s just that we needed to share the way we make our ~loaded~ sweet potato wedges.
So, this week we present to you our Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Wedges. Da-dum-tshh!
These are lovingly cut, covered in melted butter, and baked for 30 minutes. They’re then topped with, better take a seat while I list it for you:
- Dollops of sour cream
- Crispy chopped bacon bits
- Minced Pickled Jalapeños
- and finally, Grated Parmesan
I mean, how amazing does that sound? Even on paper (screen if we’re being technical), it’s a clear winner!
Not only does it translate very good irl. It also looks beyooond amazing. Can’t deny those bright orange sweet potatoes with browned edges, contrasting nicely with the white fluffy sour cream. A little texture from the jalapeños and parmesan and finally, that perfect pop of color from the scallions. Beeeeautiful!
Even though we say this recipe technically serves four people, Cody and I can too easily gobble up the whole thing by ourselves. Yikes! ????
Once you make it yourself, you’ll easily understand why. It’s an intensely rich and flavorful snack/side that hits all the right notes.
On a side “note”, if super flavorful sides are what you’re looking for – Living Chirpy has even more for you to feast your eyes on. Check out any of these sure-to-please recipes:
Pin It! Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cut lengthwise into wedges)
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup bacon bits (approximately 4 bacon strips, cooked crispy and chopped)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeños
- to taste salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Put the cut sweet potato wedges into a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter, thyme, salt, pepper and toss until coated well.
- Arrange the wedges neatly on non stick paper on an oven tray and pop into the oven. Allow to roast for 30 minutes. Turning them over to the other side halfway
- Once they are done, immediately arrange on a plate and load them up with the sour cream, bacon, parmesan, jalapeños and scallions!
- Enjoy immediately!
Tips and Tricks:1. Depending on the size of the sweet potatoes, you might need to bake them a little longer. You want them to be fork tender, with browned edges.