I’m one of those people that never know what to make for lunch, especially when it comes to low carb lunches. It’s easy to recreate old dinner favorites, but not so easy to low carbify a sandwich, which is what I used to eat for lunch. One day, while scrolling through pinterest I saw one of those baked-egg-in-an-avocado pins and it gave me an idea. Take a tuna melt sandwich and put it in an avocado. Avocado Tuna Melt. Yasss.
All it takes is a fresh ripe avocado and a few staple pantry and fridge ingredients to create this quick and delicious meal. Mix everything together, scoop it into the avocado, top with cheese and pop it into the oven until it is a delicious melted mess.
It’s made in minutes and can be eaten with a spoon right out of the avocado shell. Having less dishes is always a big bonus, not that you need an excuse to try out this recipe!
Avocado Tuna Melt
- 2 avocado
- 1 can tuna
- ¼ cup onion (finely diced)
- ¼ cup pickles (finely diced)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
- Scoop out some of the avocado to make to hole slightly bigger. Mix the bit of scooped out avocado into the tuna salad.
- Mix the tuna, onion, red bell pepper, pickle, cheese, paprika and mayo. Season to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the tuna mixture into the avocado and top with more cheese.
- Slide into the oven for approximately 5-10 minutes. Until the cheese is melted.
For more quick and easy lunch recipes, check out these:
- Cucumber Noodle Salad with BBQ Chicken
- Orange Chicken Salad
- Creamy Avocado Cucumber Noodles with Smoked Salmon
- Zoodles in Cheesy Tomato Sauce, Kid-Friendly
Avocado Tuna Melt -Pin It!