This is an easy recipe for No Churn Vanilla Coconut Cream Ice Cream. It is perfect for Keto and Paleo diets. 4 Ingredients. 15 minutes of hands-on time. Low-Carb. Keto-friendly. Paleo. Dairy Free.
Use the “Jump To Recipe” button above to skip ahead to the recipe card, but don’t be too hasty – the post contains all the tips and tricks.
So, ever since we started taking healthy eating more seriously, we’ve been finding ways to have sweet treats that are homemade and healthier than their store-bought counterparts. Since ice cream is one of our very favorite sweet treats, we knew we had to create and Paleo and Keto-friendly ice cream recipe as soon as we could.
The reason we decided to use coconut cream for our keto ice cream, is because it has a natural sweetness and delicious flavor right off the bat.
We’ve made this ice cream for ourselves countless times and decided that it felt like the right time to share it here. Now that summer has rolled in!
This homemade no churn keto coconut cream ice cream recipe is so simp
How To Make No Churn Keto Coconut Cream Ice Cream:
It’s important to note that you have to use Coconut Cream instead of Coconut Milk for this ice cream recipe.
I took inspiration from a regular ice cream recipe I used to make when I worked in the pastry kitchen of a big hotel many years ago.
You pretty much make a light custard and then freeze it. That’s why it’s the best no churn ice cream.
Here’s what you need:
- Coconut Cream
- Egg Yolks
- Cocoa Powder (If you’re making chocolate ice cream.)
Start by whisking together the egg yolks and the honey, until it is very light and creamy.
While you’re whisking, have the coconut cream, vanilla and salt start warming up in a pot. You don’t want the coconut cream to boil – so keep a close eye on it!
Stir the coconut cream every now and then and once it starts steaming – turn the heat down.
Use a ladle to add a scoop or two of coconut cream to the egg mixture – stirring while you do so. This is to temper the egg yolks. It brings the eggs to a higher temperature so it doesn’t scramble when you pour it into the coconut cream.
Now pour the tempered egg yolks back into the pot of coconut cream and stir until it starts to get steamy and frothy. Then, remove from heat.
I like to split the mix into two glass bowls. One for vanilla ice cream and one for chocolate ice cream. You can do either or both.
For the Keto No Churn CHOCOLATE ice cream, add two tablespoons of cocoa powder, or one tablespoon if you’re doing half and half. Mix it with a whisk until well combined.
Now – slide it into the freezer!
I like to take the ice cream every hour or so and whisk it with the electric mixer. This gives it a really nice and creamy texture. If you don’t do this, it’ll still taste yummy, but it will be slightly “icier”.
In my experience, the ice cream takes about 3 or so hours to freeze. This depends on the size of the bowl and whether you split the ice cream mixture into two flavors.
That’s that! Healthy homemade no churn ice cream is ready to be devoured.
As I always say, it’s things like this (keto and paleo friendly ice cream) that make eating a healthy diet extremely sustainable.
Check out some of our other easy healthier sweet treats:
- No Bake Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Keto Cookie Dough
- No Bake Raw Almond Cookies
- Honey Pistachio Frozen Grapes
- Keto Cinnamon Apple Pie Almond Crumble
No Churn Coconut Cream Ice Cream Recipe and Calories:
No Churn Coconut Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cans coconut cream
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (OPTIONAL. Use 1 tbsp cocoa powder if you're doing half vanilla and half chocolate)
- Whish the honey and egg yolks together until VERY light and creamy/fluffy. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut cream until it steams, stirring occasionally. Do not let it boil. Lower the heat.
- While stirring the egg yolk mix, add a ladle of hot coconut cream. Repeat twice.
- Now pour the egg mix back into coconut cream and stir until it starts foaming. Remove from heat.
- If you're making chocolate ice cream, add the cocoa powder now – and mix well. If you're doing half and half – first split the ice cream custard into two bowls.
- Pour into a glass bowl and slide into the freezer.