One Pot Paleo Chicken Dinner
This is a super quick and easy recipe for One Pot Paleo Chicken Dinner perfect for a Sunday. Needs only 9 ingredients and 30 minutes to cook. It's Gluten-Free, Paleo and Whole 30 friendly.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb chicken pieces (500g)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cups zucchini (350g)(cut into rounds)
- 2 cups baby potatoes (sliced in half)
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced into rounds)
- 2 cups white button mushrooms (250g) (sliced half)
- 2 cups hot water
Herbs and Spices:
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp salt (use 2 tsp if you're using fine table salt)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Heat up a large pot and sear the chicken, skin side down. It needs to get a GOOD sear, so don't be scared to let it sit for a while.
Now, add all the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat so it doesn't boil too vigorously.
Put a lid on the pot and let it boil for 30 minutes.
When done, I like to separate the vegetables, chicken and sauce.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks:
1. If the sauce is too runny - remove the chicken and vegetable and let it simmer for a few minutes longer in order to reduce and thicken.
2. You can also add a knob of cold butter from the fridge to help thicken the sauce once you’ve removed it from the stove.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 1241mg | Potassium: 681mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7285IU | Vitamin C: 22.6mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.6mg