Cheesy Zucchini Casserole with Corn and Ground Beef
An easy, but delicious Cheesy Zucchini Casserole with Ground Beef. Needs just 7 simple ingredients and 20 minutes of hands-on time. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 4 zucchini (spiralized - should be about 6 cups)
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (optional, leave out if Keto/Low-Carb)
- 1 cup cheese (shredded, we used gouda)
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil (own preference)
- to taste salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Sauté the onion in the oil over a medium/high heat for about 5 minutes. Use a large-ish pot.
Add the tomato and ground beef and sauté until the ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Season well with salt and pepper. Taste, taste, taste!
Add the zucchini noodles, corn, half of the cheese and the cream cheese into the pot. Stir until well combined.
Scrape everything into a casserole dish.
Top with the rest of the cheese before popping it in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Tips and Tricks:
1. The nutrition is calculated to include the corn. Without the corn - the carb content is 8g.
2. If you have a bit of extra time, I recommend salting the zoodles and letting it sit for 20 minutes. Then squeezing them gently so the release some of their water content. This will help ensure that the final dish isn’t too soupy.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 757mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 986IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 2mg