Green Beans and Potato
An easy recipe for Green Beans and Potato, mashed together roughly to create the perfect side dish for any meal. 5 Ingredients (plus a few spices) and only 30 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Paleo. Whole 30.
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 large potatoes (chopped into small chunks, about 6-8 cups worth)
- 4 cups green beans (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup cream
Herbs and Spices:
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- to taste salt
Toss the potatoes, green beans and onion into a pot. Cover with cold water and then bring to a boil.
Boil the veggies for approximately 20-25 minutes, until you can easily stick a fork through the potatoes. Drain excess water well.
Immediately add the cream, butter and spices.
Roughly mix everything together until it is mashed, but still chunky.
Tips and Tricks:
1. The smaller you cut the potatoes, the quicker they cook - but that will also make a more “mashy” end product, which is still good. I usually cut the potatoes into 8ths to leave it a bit chunkier.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 917IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 4mg