Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
This is a quick and easy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe. Needs only 8 Fresh Ingredients, and 20 Minutes of Hands-On time. Gluten-Free. Keto. Low-Carb. Paleo.
- 1lb chicken breast (500g)
- 1 tablespoon oil/
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (400g/14oz)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (seeds removed and finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 lime (juice)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
- to taste salt/pepper
- to taste sour cream
- to taste avocado (sliced)
Start by sautéing the onion and celery in oil, in a large pot until soft, about 10 minutes.
Chuck everything else in the pot [except cilantro], bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for 45 minutes. Soup, eh? Gotta love it!
After 45 minutes, remove the chicken and shred it up with two forks! Throw it back in the pot, along with the fresh cilantro.
Do a little taste test and add salt/pepper if needed.
Serve up the soup with a generous dollop of sour cream. Fresh avocado on the side makes it extra delicious!
Tips and Tricks:
1. We like to add a dash of our favorite hot sauce at the end.
2. If you diet allows corn, add a cup of sweet corn kernels in the beginning.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 88.61kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8.18g | Fat: 3.26g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 18.08mg | Sodium: 905.88mg | Potassium: 538.37mg | Fiber: 1.79g | Sugar: 3.38g | Vitamin A: 357.04IU | Vitamin C: 34.22mg | Calcium: 59.61mg | Iron: 1.96mg