Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
How to make our go-to easy and healthy homemade spaghetti sauce recipe. 7 Ingredients (+ some herbs and spices) and 10 minutes hands-on time (40 minutes total). Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Course: Main Course
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14oz cans)
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- garnish freshly chopped parsley (optional)
Sauté the onions, ground beef and garlic together until the beef is browned in a pot.
Add everything else and stir. Be sure to season well with salt and pepper.
Cover and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
The best way to learn how to make this recipe is to watch our short instruction video.
Tips and Tricks:
- A little trick I like to do it to add some of the beed broth to one empty can of tomatoes, swirl it around, pour to to the other empty can of tomatoes and then add it into the pot as well. This way you’re not losing a single drop of tomato-y goodness!
- Be sure to cover the pot when you cook it and stir it occasionally - that ensure you don’t lose too much moisture through steam and all the goodness stays locked it.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can however, leave the pot uncovered towards the second half of cooking. Be sure to stir the sauce more often, to prevent sticking.
- This sauce is delicious on butternut or zucchini noodles. If you’re not low-carb or keto, it is perfectly delicious on regular pasta as well.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.9g | Fat: 3.8g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 3.4g | Calcium: 290mg | Iron: 2mg