Ahh Italian Bolognese Sauce… one of the most popular things to ever exist. It’s a well loved classic alright! And with good reason.
While a large majority of people tend to favor spice packets, “just add ground beef” mixes when cooking this recipe at home, or saving it for special occasions at a local pasta joint – it’s (as with most things) so much more satisfying AND delicious to make it from scratch at home.
Not only is our recipe tried and tested over many years until it became the perfect spaghetti bolognese sauce – it is also a deliciously easy recipe that I truly consider the BEST.
It’s rich and hearty, and it’s pretty crazy to think that this is a healthy bolognese recipe. You know, considering just how good it tastes.
We eat this pretty much every week, or at the very least every other week, but it’s always in our dinner menu rotation.
The other amazing thing about it? It’s low-carb, it’s gluten-free (depending on your choice of noodle to serve it with), it’s keto, it’s paleo and whole 30 friendly.
It ticks every box!
How To Make Traditional Paleo Whole 30 Spaghetti Bolognese Meat Sauce?
Firstly, my recipe contains no wine, but you can easily splash a bit of red wine in there while cooking (or just sip some while cooking – it all ends up in the same place, right?).
- Brown the beef and onions together in a pot.
- Dump everything else on top.
- Put a lid on it.
- Let it simmer for 25-30 minutes (giving it an occasional stir).
- Serve it up!
Couldn’t be easier, amirite?
The flavor that develops out of this collection of simple ingredients is ridiculous!
The carrots are a very important part of this recipe, since their natural sweetness does a great job of cutting through the acidity of the tomatoes to give a much more balanced flavor.
Keto Whole 30 Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Noodle Alternatives:
So, since the actual recipe is “every diet” friendly pretty (not looking at vegans and vegetarians), the big questions is: What do I serve spaghetti bolognese meat sauce with to make it keto? Or low-carb? Or whole 30?
Here’s some ideas:
- Spaghetti Squash
- Shirataki Noodles
- Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)
- Heck, even cauliflower rice if you were so inclined!
Also, while we’re in the business of giving suggestions: Take a peek at some of these delicious ground beef recipes:
- Easy One Pot Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Individual Cottage Pie with Cauliflower Mash
- Quick And Easy Chili
- One Pot Amish Beef and Cabbage Skillet
We’ve also got a sweet roundup featuring great ground beef recipes from fellow food bloggers. Check it out here: 10 Low-Carb Ground Beef Recipes
Pin It! The Best Easy Paleo Bolognese Meat Sauce Recipe!
The Best Easy Paleo Bolognese Meat Sauce Recipe and Nutritional Facts / Calories:
The Best Easy Paleo Bolognese Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 2 brown onions (diced)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 large carrots (peeled and grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- to taste freshly chopped parsley (garnish)
- to taste grated cheddar (optional topping)
- Sauté the onions, ground beef and garlic together until the beef is browned in a pot.
- Add everything else and stir. Be sure to add a good amount of salt and pepper.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes.