This is a quick and easy recipe for Stroganoff made with ground beef. Needs only 7 ingredients, 30 minutes and ONE POT. Keto. Low-Carb. Gluten-Free. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
There’s nothing quite as simple, but flavor-packed as Beef Stroganoff.
Our easy recipe for One Pot Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff is not only super simple and quick to prepare, but is a bit easier on the wallet too. Thanks to the clever swap of using hamburger/ground beef instead of a nice cut of beed.
This also makes it much quicker to cook and you‘re not losing any flavor.
How To Make Ground Beef Stroganoff:
What’s great about this easy Keto-approved stroganoff recipe is the fact that it’s an one pot wonder. Everything gets chucked into one pot and voilà!
A true no-fuss weeknight meal.
The Ingredients You‘ll Need:
- Ground Beef/Hamburger
- Dijon Mustard
- Beef Stock
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Start off by getting a pot piping hot in order to get a good sear on the quartered mushrooms. (Photo 1)
- Add the ground beef and onions. Sauté until the ground beef is cooked throughout. (Photo 2)
- Add the Dijon mustard and beef stock and allow it to come to a boil. Once it boils, remove it from the heat. (Photo 3 & 4)
- Now, stir in the sour cream. (Photo 5)
- Garnish the stroganoff with some chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately. (Photo 6)
What to serve with Low Carb Keto Stroganoff:
While you certainly can cook Ground Beef Stroganoff without noodles, you don’t have to eat a noodleless Beef Stroganoff recipe if you’re on a low-carb or Keto diet!
Here are a few options of what to serve it with:
- Zucchini Noodles / Zoodles
- Shirataki Noodles (Our preference)
- Cauliflower Rice
- Green Beans
Tip: You can also transform this recipe into a Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff Soup by adding a cup or two more beef broth.
Can you make Keto Beef Stroganoff in an Instant Pot?
This recipe started out as an Instant Pot experiment for us. After a few test batches, we realized that this Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff is not quite right for an Instant Pot.
The upside of the matter is that this recipe is SO simple and SO quick to throw together that using an Instant Pot actually ends up taking longer. Believe it or not.
By the time the Instant Pot builds pressure, you’ll be ready to serve this when making it in a regular pot.
Looking For Other Easy Ground Beef Recipes:
If this beef stroganoff recipe doesn’t tickle your fancy, we’ve got a few more keto-approved ground beef recipes up our sleeve.
Take a peek at some of these other healthy and delicious keto recipes from our archives as well as personal favorites from other great bloggers:
- Easy Philly Cheese Steak Casserole
- Easy Low Carb Keto Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Hamburger Soup
- One Pot Amish Beef and Cabbage Skillet
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake with Corn and Ground Beef
- Keto Korean Ground Beef Bowl from WholesomeYum.com
- One Pan Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet by TheBestKetoRecipes.com
Did You Make This Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe?
If you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it greatly helps us improve our recipes!
Easy One Pot Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 500 g ground beef (1lb)
- 2 brown onions (sliced)
- 250 g button mushrooms (cut into quarters)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 6 cups Shirataki noodles (optional)
- to taste salt and pepper
- for cooking oil of preference
- garnish fresh parsley (optional)
- In a piping hot pot, add a little bit of oil and the mushrooms and allow the mushroom to get a good sear.
- Next, add the onion, ground beef and garlic. Season with generously with salt and pepper. Allow the ground beef to brown and the onions to soften. Stirring occasionally to prevent burning. About 10 minutes.
- Next add the dijon mustard and the beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat a stir in the sour cream. Add salt if needed.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Tips and Tricks:1. This recipe is delicious with Shirataki or Zucchini Noodles.
This recipe was first published on October 24, 2018 and was updated on February 6, 2020 to include detailed step-by-step instructions and faqs.