Now that temperatures are dropping, it’s time to dust off the collection warm and cozy recipes. And there’s nothing quite as simple, but flavor-packed as Beef Stroganoff.
Our recipe for One Pot Keto Ground Beef is not only super quick and easy to prepare, but is a bit easier on the wallet too, thanks to the clever swap of using ground beef. It’s definitely quicker to cook and you don’t lose any flavor.
How to make low-carb keto beef stroganoff with ground beef:
What’s great about this Keto stroganoff recipe is the fact that it’s an easy one pot wonder. Everything gets chucked into one pot and voilà!
Here’s how it’s done:
- I start off by getting a pot piping hot and getting a good sear on the mushrooms before adding the onions and ground beef.
- When the beef is browned, I add the mustard and beef stock and allow it to come to a boil.
- Once it boils, remove it from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Garnish the stroganoff with some chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Be ready for a very happy belly!
I always try to think of new and easy dinner recipes with ground and this one is a new favorite. Can’t beat the simplicity or the flavor!
What to serve with Low Carb Keto Stroganoff:
While you certainly can cook Beef Stroganoff without noodles, you don’t have to eat a noodleless Beef Stroganoff recipe if you’re on a low-carb or Keto diet!
In general we replace any pasta with zucchini noodles/zoodles, but we decided to be a bit more adventurous time around.
We were ready to jump into the unknown and give Shirataki Noodles a try.
After reading many mixed reviews on this ingredient, we were pleasantly surprised by how neutral Shirataki noodles are and how they perfectly absorbed the flavors of the Keto Beef Stroganoff.
It is a wonderful accompaniment to this recipe and we thoroughly recommend it.
If you’re not ready to jump on the Shirataki bandwagon, you can also do this:
- Beef Stroganoff with Zoodles/Zucchini Noodles, or
- Beef Stroganoff with Cauliflower Rice
Of course, if you REALLY want to forego the noodles completely, you can also transform this recipe into a Keto Beef Stroganoff Soup by adding a cup or two more beef broth.
Can you make Keto Beef Stroganoff in an Instant Pot?
This recipe started out as an Instant Pot experiment for us. After a few test batches, we realized that Beef Stroganoff is not quite right for an Instant Pot.
The upside of the matter is that this recipe is SO simple and SO quick to throw together that using an Instant Pot actually ends up taking longer. Believe it or not.
It’s also a bit more difficult to get a good sear on the mushrooms and beef when using an instant pot.
Getting a good crispy sear is an important part of developing flavor and giving a little bit of depth and color to an otherwise pale looking dish.
So, what are you waiting for? Get this Keto Stroganoff in your weeknight easy dinner recipe rotation!
Pin It! Easy One Pot Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff!
How To Make Ground Beef Stroganoff:
Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe and Nutritional Facts and Calories:
Easy One Pot Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 500 g ground beef (1lb)
- 2 brown onions (sliced)
- 250 g button mushrooms (cut into quarters)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 6 cups Shirataki noodles (optional)
- to taste salt and pepper
- for cooking oil of preference
- garnish fresh parsley (optional)
- In a piping hot pot, add a little bit of oil and the mushrooms and allow the mushroom to get a good sear.
- Next, add the onion, ground beef and garlic. Season with generously with salt and pepper. Allow the ground beef to brown and the onions to soften. Stirring occasionally to prevent burning. About 10 minutes.
- Next add the dijon mustard and the beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat a stir in the sour cream. Add salt if needed.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.