This is a quick and easy recipe for stroganoff made with ground beef. It requires only 7 simple ingredients.
You can have this dish ready 30 minutes and you’ll only use ONE POT for it! Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. It’s appropriate for keto, low-carb, or gluten-free diets.
Tip: You can also transform this recipe into a keto ground beef stroganoff soup by adding a cup or two more beef broth.
You will need:
- ground beef
- dijon mustard
- beef stock
- sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Start off by getting a pot piping hot in order to get a good sear on the quartered mushrooms. (Photo 1)
- Add the ground beef and onions. Sauté until the ground beef is cooked throughout. (Photo 2)
- Add the Dijon mustard and beef stock and allow it to come to a boil. Once it boils, remove it from the heat. (Photo 3 & 4)
- Now, stir in the sour cream. (Photo 5)
- Garnish the stroganoff with some chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately. (Photo 6)
Here are a few options to serve it with:
1. zucchini noodles
2. shirataki noodles
3. cauliflower rice
4. green beans
This recipe is not quite right for an instant pot. You can have this done in a regular pot before the instant pot has built enough pressure.
Easy One Pot Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 500 g ground beef (1lb)
- 2 brown onions (sliced)
- 250 g button mushrooms (cut into quarters)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 6 cups Shirataki noodles (optional)
- to taste salt and pepper
- for cooking oil of preference
- garnish fresh parsley (optional)
- In a piping hot pot, add a little bit of oil and the mushrooms and allow the mushroom to get a good sear.
- Next, add the onion, ground beef and garlic. Season with generously with salt and pepper. Allow the ground beef to brown and the onions to soften. Stirring occasionally to prevent burning. About 10 minutes.
- Next add the dijon mustard and the beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat a stir in the sour cream. Add salt if needed.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.