We’ve finally reached that point in the Living Chirpy saga where we feel like it’s time to revisit some of our oldest posts and give them a 2017 revamp. A little tweaking here and there, some fresh new photos, an awesome video, and of course, the same deliciously easy meal.
Just because our photos and posts were not too great when we started out, doesn’t mean the recipe was bad…#internetlogic
First on our list is one of the very first recipes we shot – Creamy Chicken Zoodles.
Back then we called it “the best zucchini pasta you’ll ever have”. While that is a very subjective statement, it definitely is a very simple one pan wonder that truly hits all the right notes.
Since I have not cooked this meal in many months, I wondered if it really is as good as I originally thought it to be. And well, to put it simple – I still licked out my bowl. And that to me is the epitome of a good recipe.
Zoodles was the “it” ingredient back when we created this recipe, and while the craze definitely appears to have died down a little – I still completely love the idea of zoodles.
My sister introduced it to my family way back when we first started going the LCHF/Banting route. She served us a yummy spaghetti bolognese but instead of spaghetti, she used zucchini noodles. I was sold right away.
Ever since then we’ve thought up countless ways to make zucchini noodles and this one actually got its inspiration from a little food blog you may not have heard about, called Damn Delicious (haha). I made Chungah’s One Pot Zucchini Mushroom Pasta, added chicken and fell in love with it.
As with everything I eat, I immediately think of ways to “Chirpy”-fy it – you know, using fresh whole ingredients. So, swap the spaghetti with zoodles! A-ha! Genius! ????
On the topic of Zoodles…check out these while you’re at it:
- Zoodles in Cheesy Tomato Sauce, Kid-Friendly
- Simple Thai Chicken Red Curry with Zoodles
- Authentic Beef Ramen with Zoodles
Zucchini Noodles with Chicken
- 1/2 lb chicken breast (250g, cut into bite-sized cubes)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 zucchini (spiralized, about 4-5 cups)
- 1 cup frozen corn & peas
- 1 cup button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (can sub coconut cream)
- 1 cup cheese (shredded)
- Use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. Salt the noodles and set aside while you prep the other ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over a medium/high heat. Add the chicken, onion, garlic, mushrooms and spices, salt and pepper. Cook those for about 5 minutes - until the onion softens and the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add the frozen corn, peas, and cream. Cook for about a 1-2 minutes, until the cream starts to simmer.
- Use your hands to squeeze some water from the zucchini noodles, and then adding to the pan. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, dump the cheese in and remove from the heat. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks:1. Squeezing the water from the zucchini help ensure the end product isn’t too watery.
Pin It – Creamy Chicken Zoodles!