This is a quick and easy recipe for healthy Instant Pot Chili. Perfect for weeknight dinners. 8 Fresh Ingredients. 12 Minutes in the Instant Pot. Gluten-Free.
Use the “Jump To Recipe” button above to skip ahead to the recipe card, but don’t be too hasty – the post contains all the tips and tricks.
A couple of big thunderstorms recently had put us in the mood for a cozy bowl of chili, but not in the mood for slaving away in the kitchen, if you know what I mean.
While not as fully “low carb and keto” as we like to preach on Living Chirpy, we can all agree that sometimes you just need a quick and easy recipe like this. You know, for those days where you just can’t be bothered to cook.
The good news is that a recipe like this still has plenty of goodness to it and definitely beats binging on fast food – money
How To Make Healthy Instant Pot Chili:
There’s nothing better than a simple, but delicious homemade Chili. This easy recipe to make Chili in an Instant Pot is all you need on days you don’t want to cook.
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need:
- Ground Beef
- Green Pepper
- Canned Tomatoes
- Canned Red Kidney Beans
- Canned Black Beans
and then some spices,
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper.
Instant Pot Setting Mode For Chili:
To start off, you’ll want to set the Instant Pot to the Sauté setting. This is to brown the ground beef.
Once the ground beef is browned, you’ll add in all the rest of the ingredients, give things a good stir, and then seal the lid. Don’t worry if it looks a little dry.
Now, set your Instant Pot to the Manual Setting – High Pressure for 12 Minutes. Once the 12 minutes passed – you can quick release the pressure.
Now, it’s ready to enjoy (but not before adding a little heap of grated cheese on top)!
If you’re like me and also believe that soup is an all-year thing and not just a fall/winter thing, you’re in luck! We’ve got some other easy and yummy Instant Pot soup recipes for you to try out!
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Hamburger Soup
- Instant Pot Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Pizza Soup
- Simple Instant Pot Chicken Stew [Paleo, Whole 30, Low-Carb, Keto]
- From other great bloggers: 9 Keto Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Easy Instant Pot Chili Recipe How-To Video:
Easy Instant Pot Chili Recipe and Calories:
Easy Instant Pot Chili
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans (drain the liquid)
- 1 can black beans (drain the liquid)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- garnish grated cheddar (to taste)
- 1 tbsp salt (we use course salt, use less when using fine table salt)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp ground chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté Mode.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- Seal the Instant Pot and set to MANUAL: High Pressure, for 12 Minutes.
- Quick release pressure when done.
- Garnish with grated cheddar.