Japanese Clear Onion Soup
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 • onions [diced]
- 6 cups • vegetable broth or water [whichever you have at hand]
- 2 • celery stalks [diced]
- 2 • carrots [peeled and diced]
- 2 • garlic cloves [minced]
- handful • button mushrooms [thinly sliced]
- handful • sliced scallions
- to taste • salt and pepper
- to taste • soy sauce
- to taste • Sriracha
Sauté the onions in a pot in a little bit of oil until slightly browned.
Add the carrot, celery, and garlic and 6 cups of vegetable broth/water.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Strain the veggies from the broth and add the mushrooms and scallions before serving.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.9g | Protein: 8.9g | Fat: 2.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Sodium: 1176mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 5.3g | Calcium: 440mg | Iron: 1.6mg