Japanese Clear Soup
A easy recipe for Japanese Clear Soup - Just like at your local Japanese Habatchi Steakhouse. Only 10 Simple Ingredients and 30 Minutes Needed. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 onions (diced)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (minced)
- 1 cup button mushrooms (very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup scallions (sliced)
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste soy sauce
- to taste Sriracha
Sauté the onions in a pot in a little bit of oil until slightly browned.
Add the carrot, celery, garlic, and ginger and 6 cups of vegetable broth/water.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Strain the veggies from the broth.
Add a handful of scallions and mushrooms to bowls. Ladle the soup on top.
Add a splash of soy sauce and sriracha to taste.
Tips and Tricks:
1. For a fully compliant Paleo/Whole 30 soup, use Coconut Aminos instead of Soy Sauce.
2. I usually don’t throw away the strained vegetables, but either eat them as is for a snack (haha), or toss them in with another meal.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1438mg | Potassium: 289mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5971IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg