Mexican Stuffed Skirt Steak
A new recipe to spruce up a skirt steak - Mexican Stuffed Skirt Steak Roll-Ups! 6 Simple Ingredients + a few spices. Only 15 Minutes hands-on time. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto.
- 1 lb skirt steak
- ¼ yellow pepper (finely diced)
- ¼ green pepper (finely diced)
- ½ onion (finely diced)
- 1 roma tomato (finely diced)
- ⅓ cup mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 fresh lime (just the juice)
- 2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- to taste 'salt
Preheat oven 350ºF.
Sauté the onion, peppers and tomato with the lime juice until soft.
Mix all the spices for the spice rub and rub both sides of the skirt steak. Season generously with salt.
Spread the onion, pepper and tomato mixture on top of the steak, top with cheese and roll tightly.
Sear each side of the steak on a hot pan to seal the seam and get a crisp, colored outside.
Pop in the oven for 45 minutes to get a perfect medium steak.
Rest it for at least 5 minutes and then slice into 1 inch wheels and serve immediately.
1. I like to hammer the steak a little bit to even out the thickness to approximate ½”/1cm thick.
2. If you’ve having trouble keeping the steak roll...rolled
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 904mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 5mg