Zucchini Fettuccine with Cauliflower Alfredo
A new spin on Fettucine Alfredo - Zucchini “Fettucine” and a lush Alfredo sauce made with cauliflower. 9 Simple Ingredients. 30 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto.
Servings: 4 servings
For The Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 cauliflower (about 4 cups florets)
- ½ stick of butter (50g)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cooking liquid (water in which the cauliflower was boiled)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
For The Rest:
- 6 cups zucchini (spiralized into large flat noodles)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup ham (cut into cubes)
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- to taste salt and pepper
For the Alfredo Sauce:
Bring a pot of water to the boil, then add the cauliflower florets and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Until tender.
While the cauliflower cooked, sauté the ham and mushrooms in a little bit of oil until nicely seared and set aside. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Melt the butter and garlic together in the microwave.
When the cauliflower is cooked, use a slotted spoon to scoop the florets out of the water and into a food processor.
Now, add all the rest of the ingredients for the Alfredo Sauce and blitz until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
For The Rest:
Sauté the zucchini for a few minutes in a little bit of and season with salt and pepper until they are cooked to your liking. Set aside.
Now, add the cauliflower sauce, the ham and mushrooms into the pan with the zucchini fettucine.
Serve up a generous helping of zucchini fettuccine and top with the sauce.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
1. If the sauce is too thick, add two tablespoon of the water from the pot used to boil cauliflower in. Repeat until it reached your desired consistency.
2. Salt the zucchini noodles and let it sit for 10-20 minutes to draw out some of the moisture.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 584mg | Potassium: 1118mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 863IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 2mg