Blackened Mahi Lettuce Tacos with Cajun Remoulade
A delicious, summery Low-Carb Keto Fish Taco Recipe. Served with a zippy Cajun Remoulade. A total crowd-pleaser. Only 35 minutes total time. Low Carb. Keto. Gluten-Free. Paleo.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time35 mins
For The Fish:
- 2 lb mahi-mahi cut into 16 thin strips
- to taste blackened seasoning
- to taste salt and pepper
For The Sweet Slaw:
- 1 cup cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 fresh cilantro (chopped roughly)
For The Pico De Gallo:
- 2 roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 red onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 lime (just the juice)
- 1 jalapeño (seeded and diced)
For The Cajun Remoulade:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp capers
Pico De Gallo:
Mix the tomato, red onion, lime juice, half of the cilantro and jalapeño. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Blend together the mayonnaise, cajun seasoning, paprika, honey and capers until completely combined. Set aside.
* Please note that the calories for this recipe is this high, because it take into account ALL the Cajun Remoulade. The recipe for the remoulade definitely makes plenty extra, and the actual calories will depend on how much of it you add.
Tips and Tricks:
1. A Spicy Perspective has a recipe for homemade blackened seasoning.
2. Culinary Hill has a great recipe for homemade cajun seasoninghomemade cajun seasoning.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 638kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 590mg | Potassium: 1307mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2284IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 4mg