A quick and easy Lobster Bisque recipe for that is rich, creamy and healthy. Keto, low-carb and gluten-free. Substitute coconut cream for a delicious Paleo and Whole 30 friendly version.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 lobster tails (cooked and cut into large chunks)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced into small pieces)
- 2 celery stalks (cut into small pieces)
- 1 onion (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 4 oz mushrooms (100g, cut into small pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- to taste salt and pepper
Sauté the veggies [carrot, celery, onion, tomato, mushroom] in the butter in a medium sized pot until it starts to soften and brown a little bit (Approximately 10 Minutes).
Add all the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil and then lower the temperature. Allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes. [Until the veggies are soft.]
Remove the bay leaf at the very end and serve immediately.
1. We like to leave the Lobster Bisque as is. We love a “chunkier” soup with a bit of bite to it.
2. If preferred, you can also remove the lobster, blend half the soup and mix everything together again.
3. You can also remove the lobster, blend everything smooth and then add the Lobster back in.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 771mg | Potassium: 597mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7362IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg