The Zoodle bandwagon may have slowed down a bit, but there’s no denying that it’s still, without a doubt, the best pasta alternative. In my opinion anyway.
It’s still one of my very favorite ingredients for making a variety of quick and flavorful meals. Today’s zoodle recipe is a quick and easy one that’s perfect for lunch, and utilizes our uber yummy Cilantro Pesto with Cashew Nuts.
In this specific recipe we decided to leave the zoodles raw - you know, in hopes that it will be more of a “fresh and summery” kind of dish. And to be honest, I think it kind of succeeds with that! Don’t feel pressured to consume your zoodles cold and uncooked though, it’ll be just as delicious with a bit of heat.
How to make Zoodles or Zucchini Noodles:
We use “this little contraption”, called the Vegetti. It’s extremely easy to use and we thoroughly recommend it. Of course, if you don’t have one of these yet (go get one!), you can also grate the zucchini, or try your very best to cut it into noodle shapes, but it won’t really be the same. It’ll taste the same, but it won’t be the same.
Once you have your zoodles ready, the rest is quick and easy. You should already have some of our Cilantro Pesto in your fridge (and if not, why not? It only takes a few minutes to make, so no excuses!), a couple of chicken breasts, and a handful of cherry tomatoes.
Sear the chicken and the cherry tomatoes, it barely takes 5 minutes, and toss the zoodles in the pesto. Put everything on top of everything else and voilá! You’ve got yourself a super delicious (and extremely easy) meal!
We’ve got more zoodle-inspo if that’s what you’re after: Take a look at any of these:
- Creamy Chicken Zoodles
- Zoodles in Cheesy Tomato Sauce
- Authentic Beef Ramen with Zoodles
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake with Corn and Ground Beef
Pin It! Cilantro Pesto Zoodles with Seared Chicken and Tomato
Cilantro Pesto Zoodles with Seared Chicken and Tomato
- 2 zucchini (large zucchini, spiralized into zoodles - appriximately 4 cups)
- 2 chicken breasts (seasoned well with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika)
- ¼ cup cilantro pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- Sear the chicken breasts in a little bit of oil until cooked [approximately 3 minutes per size, but will vary depending on the size of the pieces.]
- At the same time, sear the cherry tomatoes for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix the raw zoodles with the cilantro pesto, and top with the sliced chicken and tomatoes.