This is a quick and easy recipe for Keto Apple Pie Almond Crumble. A healthy dessert recipe that needs only 6 Ingredients and 20 Minutes. Keto
Use the “Jump To Recipe” button to skip ahead to the recipe card, but don’t be too hasty – the post contains all the tips and tricks.
Dessert can never truly be “healthy”. Even when made with whole ingredients, it will always be on the “excessive” side of the food spectrum, even if it’s the “healthy” spectrum. Thus, dessert should always be enjoyed in moderation.
Luckily, when desserts are made with things like fruits and nuts, even a little bit can go a long way – it’s very filling and nutrient dense!
This is extremely true for our Apple Almond Crumble recipe. It contains half an apple per serving, but you’d never know – it feels like you’re eating a MASSIVE bowl of dessert.
This recipe came about years ago, when my sister visited us and tried my husband’s aunt’s (that’s a mouthful) made-from-scratch mini apple pies. She was obsessed from the moment she took the very first bite.
Even I, not a big fan of cooked fruit, had to admit that they were pretty darn amazing! Long story short – ever since that day we’ve been talking about doing a low-carb dessert inspired by apple pie/apple crumble and that day has finally arrived. Yay!
The goal with this recipe, as with any other low-carb or healthy dessert, is to
How to make healthy Low-Carb Keto Cinnamon Apple Crumble?
This Apple Crumble recipe can be made with or without butter. If you’re diary free – use coconut oil, if not – use butter.
So, without further ado – this is how you make a healthy apple crumble:
Gather these simple pantry ingredients:
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Cream
Peel the apples and chop is small bite-sized pieces. Sauté the apple in a pan with a bit of coconut oil (or butter) until soft.
Add the cinnamon and coconut cream to the apples and set aside.
For the Keto Crumble Crust: Toss the almonds, honey, coconut oil (or butter) into a food processor and blitz until it’s relatively smooth.
Divide the apples into 4 bowls and top with the crumble.
Slide into the oven and bake the apple crumble for 15 minutes until it’s golden on top.
Serve immediately with a dollop of coconut cream and fresh strawberries.
Here’s a few more ideas if you’re looking for healthy keto-friendly, low-carb desserts:
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake with Pecan Nut Crumble
- No Churn Coconut Cream Ice Cream
- Easy 3 Ingredient Keto Banana Pancakes
- Honey Pistachio Frozen Grapes
Low Carb Keto Cinnamon Baked Apple Crumble Recipe and Calories:
Healthy Apple Crumble
For the Apples:
- 2 large granny smith Apple (cut into small bite-sized cubes)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
For the Crumble:
- 100 g raw almonds
- 1 tbsp melted butter (sub melted coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven 350ºF/180ºC
- Peel the apples and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Sauté the apples in a skillet until soft.
- When the apples are soft, add 1/2 tbsp honey, 1/2 cup coconut cream and cinnamon and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Add the almonds, melted butter and 1 tbsp to a food processor and blitz until fine.
- Divide the apples between 4 oven safe ramekins, top with the almond crumble and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the almond crumble is golden.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of coconut cream and fresh strawberries.