Green beans are one of my favorite vegetables and I love thinking of new ways to prepare them and I am always on the lookout for new recipes. So, in the menu today is our brand new Garlic & White Wine Sauce Sauteéd Green Beans. The PERFECT versatile side dish for just about anything.
You might or might not agree that it’s great side dishes that takes dinner from just “meh” to “YASSSS!” and when it’s deliciously healthy, you definitely can’t lose.
This healthy green bean recipe is not only packed with flavor, but oh so easy to make. All the ingredients are tossed together in a pan, sautéed for a few minutes and then left to simmer until they are done to your desired tenderness.
It’s a no-fuss side dish if there ever was one. You sure know I’m a fan of quick and easy recipes – emphasis on the easy. Plus, you can also make this recipe with frozen or canned green beans, but of course fresh is always preferable and healthier in my opinion.
Also check out some of these other green bean recipes while you’re at it:
- Green Bean Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Garlic Green Beans
- Quick and Easy Green Beans
- Curry Green Beans with Feta
- Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic Recipe
Of course, if green beans aren’t exactly your thing, you can also take a peek at our awesome roundup Yuck to Yum – 10 Delicious Recipes with Green Beans to help change your mind. Although, if you’re looking at this recipe it surely means that green beans are your thing. So, never mind.
Pin It! Saucy Sautéed Green Beans
Sauteéd Green Beans
- 12oz fresh green beans (350g)
- 1 tomato (cut into cubes)
- 2 cups button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable/chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- to taste salt and pepper
- Sauté the all the ingredients [except the wine and broth] together in a bit of oil and butter in a large pan over a medium high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the wine and allow to reduce until it is half the volume it was.
- Add the cup of broth and simmer the green beans until they reach your desired level of tenderness.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks:1. Add more broth if all the broth has cooked away and you’d prefer the green beans to be more tender.