An easy recipe for healthy Sautéed Green Beans (with onions, mushrooms, tomato and garlic). A deliciously saucy side dish. 8 Ingredients. 20 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.
This is an easy recipe for healthy Sautéed Green Beans (with onion, mushrooms, tomato and garlic) - a delicious and saucy side dish.
You'll only need 8 very simple ingredients and can have this dish ready in about 20 minutes.
If you're eating Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Keto, Paleo, or Whole30 - this is a great recipe to add to your meal rotation.
- green beans
- button mushrooms
- chicken or vegetable broth
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a large sauté pan, over a medium high heat, add a little bit of oil and toss in the mushrooms. Allow it to sear for 3-5 minutes. (Photo 1)
- Add the onion and allow them to soften for about 2-3 minutes. (Photo 2)
- Now, toss in the beans, tomato, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and stir. (Photo 2 & 3)
- Pour in the broth and allow everything to simmer together for about 10-15 minutes. (Photo 5 & 6)
- When the broth has reduced, check the tenderness of the beans. (If you’d like them softer: add the second half of the broth. Keep simmering until there’s just a little bit of “sauce” left.) (Photo 7)
- Serve and enjoy! (Photo 8)
Sauteéd Green Beans
An easy recipe for healthy Sautéed Green Beans (with onions, mushrooms, tomato and garlic). A deliciously saucy side dish. 8 Ingredients. 20 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.Print Pin Rate
- 12 oz fresh green beans (350g) (cut into shorter pieces)
- 8 oz button mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 tomato (cut into small cubes)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup beef broth (this gives a rich flavor, but feel free to use chicken broth if it’s all you have on hand)
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- to taste salt and pepper
- In a hot pan, sear the mushrooms in a little bit of oil. (3-5 minutes)
- Add the onions and keep sautéing until they start to soften. (2-3 minutes)
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, plus the broth.
- Bring everything to a boil and then lower the heat slightly. Allow everything to boil together for about 10-15 minutes. (This depends on how tender you would like the green beans to be).
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- If the pan gets a bit too dry when sautéing the mushrooms and onions, add a little bit more oil.
- You can also use chicken or vegetable broth, but beef broth is definitely preferable because of the rich flavor it gives to the dish.
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg
Shop Thrive Market Goods: Top-quality essentials at wallet-friendly prices!Start shopping at Thrive Market!
Leave a Reply