As soon as my sister got off the plane, she suggested making a healthy Chirpy-friendly “Pink Lemonade”, aka Pink Lemon Water. She apparently had an amazing Pink Lemonade during her layover at Heathrow Airport and thought it would be a perfect addiction to Chirpy’s drink repertoire. We liked the idea and decided to put in on our “future recipes” list.
While grocery shopping, we spotted some plump and fresh raspberries. Right there we decided that we better enjoy what’s left of summer, while there’s still summer left. We grabbed the raspberries and decided to move it up the cooking schedule and made our Chirpy Pink Lemon Water that very same day.
Boy, was it a great idea. We used our standard Lemon Lime and Mint Water recipe (without the lime) and added 6oz of blended raspberries to it, plus a little extra honey for luck.
As soon as we poured the blended raspberries into the lemon water, it transformed into a gorgeous pink color that just screamed “drink me!!”. It tastes as good as it looks too.
Pink ”Lemonade” Flavored Water
- 1 gallon filtered water (3l)
- 4 lemons (just the juice)
- 6 oz raspberries (180g)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint (roughly chopped)
- In a food processor, blend the raspberries and mint together until smooth.
- Scrape the raspeberries and mint into a gallon jug, add the lemon, honey and water and stir until everthing is well combined.
- Serve chilled.
Pink Lemon Water – Pin It!