Ahh, sweet Marinara. Perfect as a dipping sauce or a topping for anything. It's one of those classic sauces that just works.
While it's easiest to buy a jar of this red gold at the grocery store, there's always a long list of unpronounceable ingredients listed on the back. For something as simple as Marinara, that always baffles my brain.
While this recipe is in no way traditional or the classic way of making marinara, it's a quick homemade marinara "hack", if you want to look at it that way.
A quick throw-together recipe that gives you all the flavor in non of the time.
How to make Simple Homemade Marinara:
Our little recipe is as easy as heating up a few things in a pot and I'm always amazed by how delicious it turns out.
Here's what we do:
- Chuck all the ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- And done.
Yep, that's it.
It's good hot, it's good cold. It's good for you.
The best thing about making sauces at home is the fact that you can cater to any dietary need. This specific easy homemade marinara recipe is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, paleo, whole 30 AND vegetarian friendly.
No complaints there, right?
Check out some of our other homemade condiments while you're at it:
- Easy Blender Romesco Sauce
- Easy Homemade Red Pepper Relish
- Simple Homemade Mayonnaise [Paleo, Whole 30, Low-Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free]
- Red Chili Tomato Sauce
Pin It! Simple 5 Minutes Homemade Marinara Recipe!
Simple 5 Minutes Homemade Marinara Recipe and Nutritional Facts / Calories
Simple 5 Minutes Homemade Marinara Recipe
- 1 can diced tomatoes (16oz)
- ¼ cup onion (finely diced)
- 6 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Toss all the ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.