Romesco Sauce. Mmmm. It’s a recent discovery in the world of Living Chirpy and we knew as soon as we took the first bite that we had to make this incredibly yummy sauce our own and share it here.
It’s a bright and delicious sauce originating from Spain. Nutty, garlicky and red peppery. It ticks all the boxes.
With our recipes we decided to add some canned diced tomatoes in order to add bulk and extra yummy flavor. While it is most often served with seafood, it also tastes ridiculously good with chicken, beef, lamb, vegetables, and whatever your heart desires. Really. It’s an all-round great sauce.
It’s just THAT good and elevates anything you serve it with to new heights.
It’s definitely a new staple in our household – mainly because it’s super easy to throw together and takes very little hands-on time.
How to make Easy Blender Romesco Sauce:
- Roughly chop an onion and red pepper.
- Add said onion and red pepper to a blender, together with all the rest of the ingredients: A can of diced tomato, garlic cloves, paprika, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil
- Blend it super good – as smooth as it will go! (It will probably still be pretty chunky, but that’s just what Romesco Sauce is all about.)
- Pour everything into a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Simmer away for about 20 minutes.
- And done! Serve it up and be swept away on a flavor wave.
So, as you can see there’s pretty much nothing to it. No excuses not to make it, right?
Impress your family next time dinner rolls around and serve it with whatever meat you’re planning to cook, or even add a bit of chicken or ground beef and make it into a pasta or noodle sauce. Oh yeah!
Pin It! Easy Blender Romesco Sauce!
Easy Blender Romesco Sauce Recipe and Nutritional Information/Calories:
Easy Blender Romesco Sauce
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 yellow onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until as smooth as it will go (it will always stay a bit on the chunky side).
- Pour contents into a sauce pan over a medium heat.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.