We’re always trying to find ways to kick the flavor of our meals up a notch, while still staying healthy. A sauce or relish is sometimes all it takes to elevate a meal to a whole new level of flavor.
An important thing to us though, is to try and steer clear (as far as possible) of store-bought condiments, and make our own instead.
Homemade always trumps store-bought! Who’s with me?
How To Make Red Bell Pepper Relish
This red pepper relish is not only incredibly quick and easy, but it can be spicy or not. If you like spicy – leave the seeds in the red chili peppers. If you don’t like spicy – take out the seeds. Yep. That’s all it takes.
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender,
- Blitz until very fine,
- Pour into a saucepan over a low-medium heat,
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes
It’s as easy as that and a perfect accompaniment to a host of different foods. It can be used on burgers and hoagie rolls, even our 20 Minute Philly Cheesesteak Skillet.
It can even be used a a sweet red pepper dip for vegetable sticks or even chips.
This recipe is the best, because not only is in super tasty, but also contains no added sugar. Therefore it is healthy and wholesome and good for everyone to enjoy.
Uses For Red Pepper and Onion Relish:
- Use it to stuff chicken breasts.
- Smear in on chicken cutlets as a yummy marinade.
- Mix it with some zoodles and vegetables for a quick, yummy lunch.
- A delicious burger or sandwich topping.
- Mix with cream cheese as a dip
- A yummy condiment to add extra yumminess to soup
- Mix with ground beef and put a new twist on meatballs
- It can go on literally ANYTHING though, just try it on EVERYTHING!
Since it is one of our favorite things to recreate sauces, dip and dressings using whole ingredients in order to be healthier…here’s some more of our concoctions to take a peek at:
Pin It! Easy Homemade Red Pepper Relish
Easy Homemade Hot Red Pepper and Onion Relish Recipe and Nutritional Information/Calories
Easy Homemade Red Pepper Relish
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium red chili pepper
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp salt (pickling or kosher)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until very fine.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a saucepan and place over a low-medium heat.
- Allow the relish to simmer for 15-20 minutes.