Don't know what to have for lunch? Well, look no further. Our Lemon Butter Shrimp Skewers with a crisp Cucumber Noodle Salad is all you need.
As always, we try to keep things at simple as possible. Some shrimp on a skewer and a lovely lemon butter marinade. Quick, easy and yummy!
This recipe was inspired by a dish my family used to make every so often. It's the recipe (the one and only) that turned my sister, a shrimp hater, into a shrimp lover! It's that good.
While the shrimp marinates, you can throw together this little Cucumber Noodle Salad with a bright Orange Dressing. If you don't have a spiralizer yet - go get one. We recommend a neat little one called Vegetti. Find more info on our Resources page.
Shrimp cooks in just a couple of minutes, so this is a perfect quick weekend lunch, or even a quick weekday dinner.
Cody and I found this gorgeous blue plate at a little junk resale store a few weekends ago. I couldn't wait to find a perfect meal to serve in it. Today, I finally did! I'm in love with the colors. It's my favorite plating we've done so far.
Last weekend we finally finished our little dining area. This weekend's project is the living room. We're going hunting for some throw pillows and some picture frames. Maybe we'll even go play a spot of tennis later this afternoon. What do you have planned for this weekend?
Lemon Butter Shrimp Skewers with Cucumber Noodle Salad
- 24 peeled shrimp (6 per skewer)
For the Marinade:
- 1 lemon (only the juice)
- 2 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1 red chili (seeded and sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
For the Cucumber Noodle Salad:
- 1 cucumber (spiralized, should yield about 2-3 cups)
- 1 orange (only the juice)
- 2 tablespoon rice vinger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup scallions (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together and pour over shrimp skewers. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the shrimp marinates, mix together all the ingredients for the Orange Dressing. Toss the noodles with the dressing and keep in fridge.
- When you are ready to cook the shrimp, heat up a pan and cook for no more than a minute on each side or until the shrimps are no longer translucent and have a bright red tail.
Made this for lunch and I really enjoyed the flavors!! Added some avocado for extra fat