A delicious throw-together 3 Minute Keto Cake recipe, that’s a perfect quick fix sweet treat when you’re craving something sweet, but still want to be healthy. Only 6 simple ingredients needed! Low-Carb. Keto. Gluten-Free. Paleo.
The “hardest” part about changing to the Keto diet is finding Keto desserts to help you ease that sweet tooth into a new (healthier) way of life. This Keto Cake recipe has been a life-saver for me.
It’s got a soft texture and deliciously sweet and ready in just 3 minutes! Plus, no ovens involved!
What Desserts Can You Eat On The Keto Diet?
The beauty of the Keto diet is that technically - you can eat anything and everything when you make it yourself using the right ingredients and using clever swaps for ingredients that are Keto compliant.
When you follow the guidelines you have set for yourself while being on the Keto diet, you can definitely make most desserts fit into your macros, and thankfully, there are TONS of recipes online showing you how to turn your favorite dessert into a Keto-approved one.
Like our easy 3 Minute Keto Cake in a Mug - instead of a traditional floury sugary mug cake - this soft, moist microwave Keto approved cake is all you need to keep your sweet tooth at bay and stay on track.
Especially if you serve it with our yummy Cream Cheese Frosting - it’s a must!
What Is Keto Baking?
Keto baking is the baking of Keto Diet approved cakes, pastries, bread and much more by substituting conventional ingredients for whole, lower carb alternatives. Some popular substitutions include:
- Swapping traditional white wheat flours for things like almond flour or coconut flour - which is the most common types of flour used in the Keto diet.
- Using honey, or artificial sweeteners instead of sugar for a yummy sweet flavor!
- Using cream cheese for frosting.
- And many more!
The reason for these substitutions is to create healthier, more nutritious and often low carb versions of baked goods, in order to be compliant to Low Carb or Keto Diets. This is great for weigh-loss or maintaining a healthy weight.
With just 10g net carbs per serving, it’s definitely a healthier option!
Can You Eat Cake On A Keto Diet?
When using clever ingredient swaps, it’s 100% possible to still enjoy cake on a Keto diet.
With our Keto Cake, the 10g net carbs falls in line with daily recommendations, but you can also lower this amount significantly if you use a Keto specific sweetener.
How To Make 3 Minute Microwave Keto Cake:
This Keto Cake recipe is so easy and made in just minutes, and you don’t need a long list of weird speciality ingredients to make it.
The Simple Ingredients You‘ll Need:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Oil (You can use melted unsalted butter if that’s what you prefer)
- Large Eggs
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract/Vanilla Essence
- A Pinch Of Salt
Step-By-Step Instructions For Making Keto Cake:
- Toss all the ingredients (dry ingredients and wet ingredients) into a mixing bowl. (Photo 1)
- Mix until smooth and lump free. I like to use the whisk attachment of our immersion blender. (Photo 2)
- Pour into a small microwavable dish. (Photo 3)
- We use an 8”x5”ish glass dish. You can also divide the mix into large two mugs.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. (Microwave for 90 seconds if you’ve got two mugs). (Photo 4)
- Remove from the dish and allow to cool for a couple of minutes on a wire rack. (Photo 5)
- Frost with our easy Cream Cheese Frosting. (I usually do this during the 3 minute cooking time for the cake) and ENJOY! (Photo 6)
You can also make multiple 3 minute cakes and layer them to make a yummy layer cake to feed more people!
Looking For More Healthier Keto and Paleo Desserts?
For more healthy low carb keto and paleo sweet treats and dessert recipes, check out any of these yummy options, plus some of our personal favorites from other great bloggers.
- Easy 3 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Keto Apple Pie Almond Crumble
- Low-Carb No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake with Pecan Nut Crumble
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls by The Best Keto Recipes
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread by TheBigMansWorld.com
Did You Make This Healthy Keto Cake Recipe?
If you’ve made this 3 Minute Microwave Keto Cake recipe, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it greatly helps us improve our recipes!
You can also give us a follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook – we love staying in touch!
3 Minute Keto Cake
- 6 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (melted) (can use melted butter if preferred)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined and lump free.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrap the mixture into a small microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake (I use a large spatula) and allow to cool for a few minutes on a wire rack.
Tips and Tricks:
- We use a small rectangular baking dish (approximately 8”x5”) and cut it into 6 squares.
- You can divide the recipe in two mugs and cook for about 90 seconds each. This makes two large mug cakes.
- We recommend frosting the cake with our Cream Cheese Frosting.
Maria L says
I’ve come back to this so many times. Such a delicious recipe and so easy. Hard to have the self control to not eat it all in one sitting. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
Raquel pamer says
I made this it was quick and easy, except it was more of a biscuit so I made strawberry shortcake. What did I do wrong?
Perfect… just right for my sugar craving… cooked PERFECTLY… didn’t need to ease out of dish, it came straight out. This will definitely be my go to cake ❤️
This cake is so easy and delicious, it has been a lifesaver to me struggling to feel like I can’t have a keto treat so I made two and cream frosted between 😍
Not Keto friendly with honey! I swapped it out for monk.
This is not a keto recipe. It contains honey. Honey is not used in keto recipes due to its incredibly high sugar content.
Mary A Cortez says
Forgive me. I see the measurements and will check back. Making it today! I'm starving for sweets! Thank you!
Can this be baked? What temp and for how long?
Can I bake this instead?
R. Murphy says
Six thumbs up from my two children and me! This was so easy and fast to make. Best of all was that we had all of the ingredients. Only change i made was adding cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to give it a spice cake twist with fall right around the corner. It went beautifully with the cream cheese frosting, also crazy easy to make. Thank you!
I made this few times. I like how easy and quick I can eat! When I don't have time to bake. I just adjusted amount of oil bit less( used coconuts oil) and add coconuts milk instead.some with coco powder. I used coconuts coco cream topping instead of cream cheese topping.
This was great! I made a 1/2 serve and used maple syrup, coconut oil and cacao i also substituted 1tbs of the almond Flour with psyllium husk and i served it with coconut cream and blueberries. It was so moist snd yummy! Thank you
Hi! What oven temp and for how long did you bake it for?