The “hardest” part about choosing a healthier lifestyle is finding desserts to help you ease that sweet tooth. This sponge cake recipe has been a life-saver for me, and perfect if you are following a Paleo or Keto diet.
It’s got a soft texture and deliciously sweet and ready in just 3 minutes! Plus, no ovens involved!
This Keto Cake recipe is so easy and made in just minutes, and you don’t need a long list of weird speciality ingredients to make it.
The Simple Ingredients You‘ll Need:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Oil (You can use melted unsalted butter if that’s what you prefer)
- Large Eggs
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract/Vanilla Essence
- A Pinch Of Salt
- Toss all the ingredients (dry ingredients and wet ingredients) into a mixing bowl. (Photo 1)
- Mix until smooth and lump free. I like to use the whisk attachment of our immersion blender. (Photo 2)
- Pour into a small microwavable dish. (Photo 3)
- We use an 8”x5”ish glass dish. You can also divide the mix into large two mugs.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. (Microwave for 90 seconds if you’ve got two mugs). (Photo 4)
- Remove from the dish and allow to cool for a couple of minutes on a wire rack. (Photo 5)
- Frost with our easy Cream Cheese Frosting. (I usually do this during the 3 minute cooking time for the cake) and ENJOY! (Photo 6)
TIP! You can also make multiple 3-minute cakes and layer them to make a yummy layer cake to feed more people!
Sugar-Free Vanilla Sponge Cake (with Almond Flour)
- 6 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (melted) (can use melted butter if preferred)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined and lump free.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrap the mixture into a small microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake (I use a large spatula) and allow to cool for a few minutes on a wire rack.
Tips and Tricks:
- We use a small rectangular baking dish (approximately 8”x5”) and cut it into 6 squares.
- You can divide the recipe in two mugs and cook for about 90 seconds each. This makes two large mug cakes.
- We recommend frosting the cake with our Cream Cheese Frosting.
The beauty of the Keto diet is that technically - you can eat anything and everything when you make it yourself using the right ingredients and using clever swaps for ingredients that are Keto compliant. When you follow the guidelines you have set for yourself while being on the Keto diet, you can definitely make most desserts fit into your macros, and thankfully, there are TONS of recipes online showing you how to turn your favorite dessert into a Keto-approved one.
When using clever ingredient swaps, it’s 100% possible to still enjoy cake on a Keto diet. With our Keto Cake, the 10g net carbs fall in line with daily recommendations, but you can also lower this amount significantly if you use a Keto-specific sweetener.
Yes, Almond flour is a keto-friendly baking flour. It is also one of the most common substitutes for regular flour when creating keto-baking recipes.
You bet! It is a popular choice for those following a Keto and Paleo Diet. It adds nice texture and flavor to your cakes, cookies, bread, pancakes, or many other baking recipes.
📖 similar recipes
For more healthy low-carb keto and paleo sweet treats and dessert recipes, check out any of these yummy options, plus some of our personal favorites from other great bloggers.
- Easy 3 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Keto Apple Pie Almond Crumble
- Low-Carb No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake with Pecan Nut Crumble
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls by The Best Keto Recipes
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread by TheBigMansWorld.com