An easy recipe for THE BEST Keto Cream Cheese Frosting. Only 3 simple ingredients, and 5 minutes needed. Soft and fluffy frosting so good you’ll want to eat it with a spoon! Low-Carb. Keto. Gluten-Free.
The wonderful thing about the Keto diet, is how easy it is to truly make this lifestyle change once you decide to commit to it. In my opinion, the biggest reason it’s so easy: keto dessert.
When you know that you can have delicious sweet treats in moderation while still remaining in ketosis – it really does makes all the difference.
Baking a compliant Keto cake is so easy and when you’ve got an equally complaint Keto Cream Cheese Frosting to top it with – there’s absolutely no compromise in flavor.
How To Make Keto Cream Cheese Frosting:
This easy peasy recipe needs only 3 simple ingredients, and basically no time to whip it up. Here’s what you need:
- Cream Cheese (preferably softened)
- Vanilla Essence
- Honey (Or substitute with any sweetener of choice to your own taste)
- Add all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl. (Photo 1, 2 & 3)
- Use an electric whisk to mix everything together until smooth. This can take a couple of minutes if the cream cheese is cold, but if it is room temperature, it’ll take just a few seconds. (Photo 4)
- Spread it over your favorite Keto Cake! (Photo 5)
- Enjoy! (Enjoy 6)
Is Honey Keto?
The general consensus is – no. The good news is, that for this cream cheese frosting you can use whichever sweetener you like.
For my own family, I prefer to use raw honey, as there is (in my opinion) no substitute for whole raw ingredients. I’m personally not a fan of artificial or processed sweeteners, and exclusively use honey as my sweetener of choice.
Although, if you are on Keto for any medical reason, or weight-loss – you can feel free to substitute the honey in this frosting for with any sweetener that complies to your personal dietary requirements.
Since there is no standard way to convert between sweeteners, with variations in the same sweetener between brands. The best way to get it right is to put your tastebuds to work. Start with a little bit and keep adding until it tastes right!
If you made this recipe: Please leave a comment and a rating. This really helps us improve our recipes!
For other delicious keto cream cheese desserts, take a look at these recipes from our archives and our personal favorites from other great bloggers:
- No Bake Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Low-Carb No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake with Pecan Nut Crumble
- Keto Cream Cheese Cookie Dough Dip by ChocolateCoveredKatie.com
- Keto Cream Cheese Cookies by OurBloggersLife.com
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250 g cream cheese (preferably softened)
- ⅓ cup honey (80ml – use less, or more to personal taste)
- 2 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Spread over your favorite Keto Cake en enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:1. If you’re making this frosting for our keto microwave cake, use the following measurements for a single serving:
- 25g cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla