An easy recipe for the best Cream Cheese Frosting that is naturally sweetened and only 3 simple ingredients. Soft and fluffy frosting so good you’ll want to eat it with a spoon!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
The wonderful thing about the Keto diet, is how easy it is to truly make this lifestyle change once you decide to commit to it. In my opinion, the biggest reason it’s so easy: keto dessert.
When you know that you can have delicious sweet treats in moderation while still remaining in ketosis – it really does makes all the difference.
Baking a compliant Keto cake is so easy and when you’ve got an equally complaint Keto Cream Cheese Frosting to top it with – there’s absolutely no compromise in flavor.
Ingredients To Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Add all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Use an electric whisk to mix everything together until smooth. This can take a couple of minutes if the cream cheese is cold, but if it is room temperature, it’ll take just a few seconds.
- Spread it over your favorite healthy cake or cupcakes!
Is Honey Keto?
The general consensus is – no. The good news is, that for this cream cheese frosting you can use whichever sweetener you like.
For my own family, I prefer to use raw honey, as there is (in my opinion) no substitute for whole raw ingredients. I’m personally not a fan of artificial or processed sweeteners, and exclusively use honey as my sweetener of choice.
Although, if you are on Keto for any medical reason, or weight-loss – you can feel free to substitute the honey in this frosting for with any sweetener that complies to your personal dietary requirements.
Since there is no standard way to convert between sweeteners, with variations in the same sweetener between brands. The best way to get it right is to put your tastebuds to work. Start with a little bit and keep adding until it tastes right!
Get an Easy 30-Minutes Recipes Ebook
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Spread over your favorite Keto Cake en enjoy!
- Strict/Clean Keto: Substitute the honey for any sweetener that fits your personal dietary requirements. Since it’s impossible to accurately convert between sweeteners, I recommend taste testing until it’s sweet to your personal preference.
- Add a small splash of milk if the frosting is too thick for your liking.
Did You Make This Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe?
If you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it greatly helps us improve our recipes!