Our simple recipe for Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice came to be when we were looking for a healthy rice alternative to serve with our equally simple Two-Ingredients Salsa Chicken.
Cauliflower Rice is nothing new, and neither is the cilantro lime combination, but it doesn’t really matter. It’s a simple and delicious recipe that definitely holds up well as a side to a more flavor-intense main.
It’s as easy as chopping a whole cauliflower head in a food processor, sautéing the “rice” in a bit of butter and some spices, and finally adding a handful of freshly chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Fifteen minutes max!
So, to have yourself a delicious Tex-Mex inspired meal in no time, all you need is:
- Our easy Salsa Chicken
- A few slices of fresh avocado or a generous scoop of homemade guacamole.
- A healthy helping of Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
Your family is sure to clean their plates with this deliciously healthy meal. Don’t say we didn’t warn ya! So, make extra to be safe!
This easy Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice recipe also works well if you’re in the mood for some healthy, homemade, and gluten-free Chipotle-style “rice” bowls!
If you’re in need some more healthy Tex-Mex inspo, then look no further. We’ve got you covered:
- Mexican Stuffed Skirt Steak
- Spicy Pork Tacos
- Chili Lime Chicken Salad
- Mini Cheese Tacos
- Spicy Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Banana Peppers
Pin It! Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower (grated or processed into "rice-sized" chunks, approximately 4 cups)
- 1 brown onion (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
- to taste fresh lime juice (approximately one tablespoon works for us)
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste oil (for cooking)
- In a pan, over a medium high heat, add the onion and sauté in a little bit of oil until translucent. About 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and sauté for a few seconds before adding the cauliflower rice.
- Cook the cauliflower until it reaches your desired level of tenderness, about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the fresh cilantro and lime juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.