This is a quick, easy and healthy recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Casserole with ground beef. Great make-ahead for dinner or lunch. Only 8 Fresh ingredients and 40 Minutes. Low-Carb. Keto. Gluten-Free.
Use the “Jump To Recipe” button above to skip to the recipe card, but don’t be too hasty – the post contains all the tips and tricks.
As a person that thoroughly enjoys bread, finding ways to enjoy some of my all time favorite sandwiches is a must.
Ever since we, as a family, decided to truly cut out processed foods from our daily diet – when we DO eat bread, it’s scary what the results are – and for me, it’s usually a literal
What we then realized is that for the most part, bread is just a vessel, and doesn’t truly add to the flavor of a dish. Unless you’re eating special bread from an artisan bakery. When you’re talking regular-degular white bread from the grocery store – then nope. It adds nothing.
So, a great way of transforming a sandwich into a healthy meal, is by turning it into a salad, or a soup, or in this case – a super delicious casserole.
How To Make Easy Low Carb Keto Philly Cheese Steak Casserole:
I’ve got a new obsession – and it’s called “casserole”. Take everything you were going to put into a
It’s super easy and super delicious.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground Beef
- Bell Peppers
- Spices, Salt and Pepper
Start off by sauteing the onions, mushrooms and peppers together until soft. Scrape into a casserole dish.
Now, use the same pan and brown the ground beef.
Then, also scrape the ground beef into the casserole dish, with the peppers and onions. Mix everything well.
Now, mix the eggs and cream together and pour it over the beef and veggies.
Top with cheese and slide into your preheated oven for about 25 minutes at 200ºC/400ºF, until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
Then, when the cheese is melted, bubbly and starting to brown – remove from the oven. Cut the casserole into squares and serve up immediately. We like to serve this casserole with a dollop of our healthier homemade mayonnaise.
If this doesn’t tickle your fancy, go check out some of our other easy dinner recipes with ground beef:
- Easy Low Carb Keto Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake with Corn and Ground Beef
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Hamburger Soup
- One Pot Amish Beef and Cabbage Skillet
- And, here’s some delicious recipe from other great bloggers: 13 Keto Dinner Recipes with Ground Beef
Low Carb Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole How-To Recipe Video:
Low Carb Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Recipe and Calories:
Easy Philly Cheese Steak Casserole
- 500 g ground beef (1lb)
- 2 bell peppers (diced) (we used one yellow and one green)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 250 g white mushrooms (approximately 8oz – sliced)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
Herbs and Spices
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mexican chili powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp salt (add more or less to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF
- In a pan, sauté the onions, mushrooms and diced green pepper together until the onions are translucent.
- Transfer to a casserole dish. (I used a 30cm X 20cm or 8"x6" dish)
- In the same pan add the ground beef, garlic, herbs and spices. Brown the ground beef until just barely cooked, and slightly pink.
- Transfer to the casserole dish.
- Mix everything together well.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs and cream together and pour over the beef and vegetables.
- Top with cheese and slide into the oven for about 25 minutes. Until the cheese is golden and bubbly.