This is the best easy recipe for healthy meatloaf stuffed bell peppers. Bring a 1970s classic to the 21st century with bacon wrapping and green pepper stuffing. 8 Fresh Ingredients. 45 Minutes. Keto. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb.
To skip right to the recipe card, click on the “Jump To Recipe” button above – but don’t be too hasty, as the post contains all my tips and tricks.
The full credit for this idea goes to Cody – he grew up eating meatloaf and hadn’t eaten it in many years. So, one day he requested that we have it for dinner, so we did.
It was the first time that I ever ate meatloaf and not surprisingly, I loved it.
We immediately thought that we should bring this recipe into the future – and Cody had the idea of stuffing the meatloaf into peppers. And let me tell you, it was a great idea.
Stuffed pepper with ground beef is nothing special, but putting that “meatloaf” twist on it really amps up the yumminess.
Since bell peppers are keto friendly and approved, it just made sense to create these easy stuffed peppers (without rice)!
It’s an amazing low carb stuffed peppers recipe that’s incredibly simple, but still flavorful! A delicious way to put a new spin on mince for a healthy weeknight dinner. It’s got almost no hands-on time, and only 45 minutes in the oven.
That gives you more than enough time to throw together a quick salad to serve on the side. You can also go for the full meatloaf experience and serve it with mashed potatoes and peas.
How To Make Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers In The Oven:
This stuffed bell pepper recipe with ground beef is as easy as can be and takes barely any hands-on time.
Do you have to cook ground beef before stuffing peppers?
A big NOPE to that question! The ground beef mince does not need to be cooked BEFORE stuffing the peppers. It’s what makes this recipe so quick and easy to prepare. The raw ground beef is stuffed into the peppers and everything gets cooked at the same time!
Do you have to boil or blanch peppers before stuffing?
I stuff raw halved peppers with raw ground beef and it comes out perfectly everytime. So, there is no need to pre-cook the mince OR the bell peppers.
Can a recipe be any easier?
Now, let’s get into the “how to cook” part of this stuffed peppers recipe…
Start by adding all the ingredients for the meatloaf into a large bowl.
- Ground Beef
- Almond Flour
- Herbs, Spices, Salt and Pepper
Mix until everything is well combined. Then, set it aside.
Now, take your bell peppers, wash them, and then slice them into half – down the middle. Use a spoon to scoop out the ribs and seeds. Don’t worry about the hole at the bottom of the top half of the pepper where the stem was.
Spread a little bit of ketchup on the inside of each pepper. We use our own healthy (and incredibly delicious) homemade ketchup for this recipe. This is what makes it fully low-carb keto approved.
Add two strips of bacon to each pepper.
Now, bring the meatload mix closer and start stuffing the peppers! We use medium sized peppers and this recipe is enough to stuff 4 bell peppers, or 8 halves.
Then you need to fold the bacon over the ground beef.
Then spread about a tablespoon of ketchup over top of the stuffed peppers.
Slide it into the oven for 45 minutes at 200 F (400 C). The meatload is done when the internal temperature of the ground beef is 160 F/70 C.
Serve immediately, and enjoy!
We recommend using our delicious Homemade Keto Ketchup for this recipe.
We also have plenty of other easy recipe using ground beef. Go check them out:
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Hamburger Soup
- Easy One Pot Keto Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake with Corn and Ground Beef
- One Pot Amish Beef and Cabbage Skillet
- Best Instant Pot Cottage Pie [Paleo, Whole 30]
Easy Low Carb Keto Stuffed Peppers Recipe and Calories:
Easy Low Carb Keto Meatloaf Stuffed Pepper
For the Meatloaf Stuffing
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion (Finely chopped)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (We prefer gouda or medium cheddar)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (Can use soy sauce as well)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder (Mexican mild chili powder)
- 2 tsp salt (We use course salt, so use less if you’re using fine table salt)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
For the rest:
- 4 bell peppers (Sliced in half, ribs and seeds removed)
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 cup ketchup
- Turn on the oven to 400F/200C
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatloaf in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Wash the bell peppers and then slice them in half. Use a spoon to carefully scrape out the ribs and seeds. Remove the entire stem area of the top half as well.
- Spread approximately 1 tbsp of ketchup on the inside of each pepper.
- Add 2 strips of bacon to each pepper. (See process shot above)
- Divide the meatloaf stuffing evenly between the peppers.
- Fold the bacon over top of the ground beef.
- Spread approximately 1 tbsp on ketchup over the top of the bacon and ground beef.
- Put the peppers into a sheet pan or oven dish and slide into the oven for 45 minutes.
- The meatloaf stuffed peppers are done when they reach an internal temperature of 160F/70C.