This is a super simple recipe for Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breast. It needs only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep before it goes in the oven. Keto. Low-Carb.
The great thing about chicken breasts is their versatility. This recipe transforms this basic ingredient into a delicious, flavorful dinner. Something as simple as chicken stuffed with mozzarella, tomato and basil is all you need to keep the family happy at dinner time.
There’s no need to slave away in the kitchen either. You can prepare this recipe in 10 minutes and then pop it into the oven. While in the oven, you can whip up a simple salad or other side dish.
What does caprese mean? Caprese recipes always use three key ingredients: mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil.
How to Make This Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- chicken breasts
- basil pesto
- sundried tomatoes
- ground coriander
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts in oven dish and season both sides with salt, pepper, and coriander.
- Spread pesto on the inside of each chicken breast and top with sundried tomatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
How Do You Know When Stuffed Chicken Breast Is Cooked?
One way to check if stuffed chicken is cooked with cutting into it is using a meat thermometer. What should the internal temperature be of stuffed chicken breast? For poultry, the safest minimum temperature should be at least 165ºF/74ºC.
What Do You Serve With Chicken Caprese?
How Do You Flatten Chicken Breast For Stuffing?
Wrap the chicken breast in plastic wrap and then use a meat mallet to flatten it. If you don’t have this kitchen tool, you can use a rolling pin, bottom of a jar, or any other sturdy kitchen tool.
Baked Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe:
5 Ingredient Basil Pesto Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
- 4 chicken breasts (butterflied and pounded to 1/2"/1cm thickness)
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato (we used sundried tomato quarters in oil)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (we used shredded cheese)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Lay the chicken breasts on an oiled oven safe dish and season on both sides with salt, pepper and coriander.
- Spread some pesto on the inside of each chicken breast and top with the sundried tomatoes.
- Finally, add the mozzarella cheese before folding the chicken over.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Looking For More:
Did You Make This Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast?
If you made this stuffed chicken breast with cheese, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it helps us improve our recipes!