This super easy Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breast only needs 5 simple ingredients to make!
You can prep it in 10 minutes, with the rest of the cooking time being in the oven. While it’s cooking, you’ll have plenty of time to whip up a simple salad or other side dish.
This recipe is suitable for a Gluten-Free, Keto, and Low-Carb diet.
You will need:
- chicken breasts
- basil pesto
- sundried tomatoes
- ground coriander
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts in oven dish and season both sides with salt, pepper, and coriander.
- Spread pesto on the inside of each chicken breast and top with sundried tomatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
One way to check if stuffed chicken is cooked is by cutting into it using a meat thermometer.
For poultry, the safest minimum temperature should be at least 165F/74C.
Serve it up with some simple oven roasted baby potatoes or an easy garden salad.
Wrap the chicken breast in plastic wrap and then use a meat mallet to flatten it. If you don’t have this kitchen tool, you can use a rolling pin, bottom of a jar, or any other sturdy kitchen tool.
5 Ingredient Basil Pesto Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
- 4 chicken breasts (butterflied and pounded to ½"/1cm thickness)
- ½ cup basil pesto
- ½ cup sundried tomato (we used sundried tomato quarters in oil)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (we used shredded cheese)
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Lay the chicken breasts on an oiled oven safe dish and season on both sides with salt, pepper and coriander.
- Spread some pesto on the inside of each chicken breast and top with the sundried tomatoes.
- Finally, add the mozzarella cheese before folding the chicken over.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.